A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever failed a voice file test...sm - Defeated

Posted: May 11, 2011

By making silly mistakes that you can't even believe you made!? Oh, I did. Today. I think I would kick myself in the brain if I could. I feel so defeated.

voice file test - what is that? - Dummy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I guess I was vague there...I had a test of the...sm - Defeated

[ In Reply To ..]
Dictation that I would be transcribing if I were to get the job. I got all the terminology correct but I made stupid simple errors that I could not believe I made. I'm embarrassed!

Well, once on touching in home between trips I - found a much-delayed e-mail response

[ In Reply To ..]
to my MT job application. We had a plane to run for, but I thought I'd better not wait to get home again before answering, so I did. No response when I came home, so I pulled up my e-mail and found it had 3! really stupid errors. I also couldn't believe I could have done that, even if I was checking the time anxiously as I typed.

BTW, after sitting on it for a day, I decided I had nothing to lose, so I e-mailed again explaining, and also that I would understand completely if I didn't hear from them again. Mercifully the recruiter had a good sense of humor, and I work for them now.

So, if it turns out you also have nothing to lose...maybe you're not actually defeated yet? :)

I always ace the dictation part, but I proof it at least - me

[ In Reply To ..]
3 times before I send it in. Don't beat yourself up. Learn from your mistakes and do better the next time.

The company I currently work for had a third party do the testing (not MTTest). The transcription part was easy, but the other testing was very difficult and it was timed. One section I didn't even get to. Fortunately for me the testing company took pity on me and gave me the opportunity to redo that one section of the test. That section was very easy, I scored 100%.

Got off track a bit, but anyway I feel like everything works out. Maybe this company wouldn't have been a good fit and something better will come along, and you'll not make the same mistakes. You're human. Take a deep breath and move on. Don't let this mistake hinder you from going forward in any aspect of your life.

i failed too - jtrans

[ In Reply To ..]
I can relate. About 8 years ago I was at home after having my first baby and decided to try for an at-home job after doing transcription at a hospital for 3+ years. I did my test without a foot pedal (my biggest mistake) and didn't pass. Like you I felt really silly and defeated. In time I was glad I didn't pass as months later I found a super flexible job that allowed me to work whenever I could (morning, afternoon, middle of the night - whenever), which made it really convenient with a baby. This probably happened because it was not the job for you. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Voice File Programs
Jul 23, 2010

Is there a program out there that I can purchase other than Express Scribe that would make it easier for me to adjust things on so that I can hear the file a little better? Thank you ...

DJW Voice File Player
Sep 27, 2010

Hi! I got some DJW format of voice files to play.  I do not know what player play these files. Please help me and let me know the required player to play these. Thanks ...

Having More Than One Voice File Player
Jan 02, 2011

I currently use GearPlayer, and with one of my clients this is required for downloading voice files and uploading completed documents, therefore cannot get rid of it.  GearPlayer is fine for my other accounts as those voice files come via email and FTP and I save them to my system and they open and play on GP just fine. My issue now is if I want to apply with a company who requires ByteScribe or ExpressScribe - or any other player, those are just the two that I am looking at presently - c ...

Same Voice File. This One Sounds Like New Vru
Sep 26, 2012

bandage placed after the procedure! ...

DSS Voice File With A $ Sign In Front Of It?
Jul 29, 2011

I agreed to do some work in coverage for someone and the doctor sent files directly.  He uses an Olympus recorder that uploads on AS-4000 Pro Player platform.  Once uploaded, it sends each voice file out by encrypted email.  So I got the .dss file but it comes as .$dss In addition to the voice file, there is an .html file that contains the header information for the recording.  I downloaded the DSS Lite Player, but it doesn't recognize the file.  Before I start d ...

Open Voice File In Olympus
Apr 25, 2012

Anyone know how to play a voice file that came with an email and when I open it, it calls up my Olympus player but it is not there when I look in each folder? I also tried to import the file and it does not go there either. thanks. ...

Medict -- DocQscribe Play Voice File
Oct 18, 2010

Hi, Anyone work for Medict in Florida.  I will be on DocQScribe accounts.  Do you like it.  Any pros/cons.  Anyone know on the DocQScribe system if you can start and stop the voice file by a keystroke.  No footpedal available at the moment so transcribing by keystroke to stop and play voice file.   Thanks for any information. ...

Failed The Test For SGS??
Feb 24, 2013

So, I go through the grammar portion of the test, use a ton of reference materials when I needed to and I failed the test? Huh???!!! There wasn't even a place that told me what my score was! I have 10+ years in this field and can't see how I failed the test and it's just not sour grapes on my part.  This kind of shakes me to the core and makes me not want to apply anywhere else! Anyone else have this happen?  ...

Express Scribe Only Voice File Transfer Software?
Feb 19, 2014

Is Express Scribe the only voice file transfer software? ...

HELP!! What Software Can Transfer Speech To Text From A Voice File Or Recorder?
Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You! ...

Failed MQ Test. Will I Be Able To See My Results?
Jul 18, 2010

Have 15 years experience, however, they said I failed test? ...

Does MQ Let You Know If You Passed Or Failed Their Test?
Oct 03, 2010

Took the test a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.  Does anyone know if they advise you of a pass/fail, or do you only hear from them if you pass and are offered a position? TIA? ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

Has Anyone Failed The Tier 3 Test
Oct 20, 2011

I took the test and scored a 92.91 and I needed a 96 to pass.  I feel like a failure.  The fourth report that I was given was a difficult dictator (a fast talker).  My question is, do you know when we can retest.  Is it 90 days? ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A MT Enrollment Test?
Jun 11, 2012

Have any of you ever failed an enrollment test for a MT course? How did you feel about it? Did you get angry or upset or did you try again?  ...

Failed Medquist Test In September...
Dec 15, 2009

After failing the Medquist test in September 2009, they just e-mailed me today saying Medquist - Eligible to Retest.   Just a few hours later, I got another e-mail saying "Employment Update - Medquist.  You are eligible to retest." I thought a lot of people are losing their jobs at Medquist.  Why the desperate urge to hire, especially people who failed their employment test?     ...

Just Failed A Test (25 Plus Years Experience)
Jun 22, 2010

I must be getting too old for this and losing grey cells.  Totally ashamed. I thought the testing was difficult, but.... Either retirement or change of career may be in store for me. ...

Failed MQ Test? 15 Years Experience? Anyone Else Have Trouble?
Jul 18, 2010

Anyone ever failed the Medquist Test. Do they let you see results?   I thought I did great, however, evidently not? I have 15 years experience.     ...

I Have Been An MT For 14 Years, But I Failed The Transcend Transcription Test!
Mar 13, 2011

I feel so bummed right now!  I can't believe I failed it.  Am I the only one?  Maybe it's time for a new career?! ...

Documed Test - Can't Control The Speed / Volume Of File
Feb 03, 2012

It is so ridiculous when these companies test you on these players where you can't control the speed or the volume especially when the sound clarity is poor intentionally. ...

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Failed Audit. How Failed To Require Line Rate
Oct 02, 2014

Is it any fail or under a certain percentage? ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Failed Another One
Jul 22, 2011

I failed ANOTHER  test. This time I made it all the way through and took the transcription part of the test. I was just informed that my scores were not QUITE what they need to be.        I think I am about ready to give up........I swear......... ...

Seriously You Failed Me For That??
Jun 25, 2014

I give up..please, please FIRE ME..this is just getting ridiculous..I don't care anymore, just end my suffering.. ...

HELP! Failed Audit
May 15, 2010

So, I failed another "audit".  I have to bounce back and forth between at least 10 accounts, therefore 10 different client profiles AND have to keep up with the ever changing QA preference of the day!  I'm so depressed.  It's really heard to understand that VR stuff and ESL dictators.  Has anyone failed more than a few audits and continued working?  Will they fire me?  I, like everyone else, am really struggling, but I NEED this job.  Any ideas on h ...

Clock On Failed
Oct 04, 2011

Anyone else having this problem this morning or ever before?  What did you do when it happened?  I just started working anyhow.  Guess I will email CCM and ask what to do but for now I am goign to work my shift without being clocked in.  it just keeps saying clock on failed.  I logged out and logged back in but still the same message.  thanks and have a great tuesday! ...