A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HELP!! What software can transfer speech to text from a voice file or recorder? - Mallione

Posted: Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You!

Speech to text requires that you "train" the software for your voice. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Windows XP and later comes with free software to do this, but you have to train it first. I don't think you'll be able to do what you want unless you re-transcribe with your own voice. Do a Google search for your OS and version of Word.

Similar Messages:

Express Scribe Only Voice File Transfer Software?
Feb 19, 2014

Is Express Scribe the only voice file transfer software? ...

First IPhone App To Convert Audio File To Text By Speech Recognition
Aug 22, 2013

I have created the first app on iPhone which can dictate the audio file in multiple size and format into text by speech recognition.In addition, the app can record your voice by 1 hour that help to improve the speed to input .The app link is shown below:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downright-transcription/id687650485?mt=8The website is shown below:downrighttranscript.appspot.com ...

Digital Voice Recorder And Transcriber?
May 02, 2014

Good morning Fellows: I need some advice.  I have to order a recorder to record minutes at the board meeting, but also want to order something that I could maybe plug the digital recorder into that will transcribe the recording, and then all I will have to do it edit. One recorder I am looking at...the Olympus WS-822 4GB Digital Voice Recorder has a USB port that can be plugged into the PC; now just wondering what to order to transcribe the recording.....any thoughts?  All input wil ...

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Please Help! FTP (file Transfer Method)
Aug 09, 2010

Hello, Does anyone know what an FTP file transfer method program and where I could get training on this? I am applying for a job and it requires knowledge of this program. Thank you for any help you can provide :)   ...

FTP (file Transfer Protocol) What Do I Do Now?
Nov 11, 2011

I have downloaded FileZilla to use as a FTP. I have never dealt with this before as my company always set these kind of things up, but now am interested in a job that requires I have my own. Now that it seems to be set up, what do I do now? Or would I just wait until the job sends me some files? Feel so stupid, but really don't know what to do now. Thanks for any advice. ...

FTP (file Transfer Protocol) - Where To Learn It?
Aug 12, 2010

I have seen several job offers that say you must know FTP. I am not familiar with this. Where can I go to learn this program?  Please be nice....I hate the negative comments on this board. ...

Anyone Know Of A FREE File Transfer Method
Mar 08, 2011

and easy enough for a doctor to use, to transfer his audio files? I'm searching online too. Anybody knows of anything, please post it. Thanks! ...

AutoText/AutoCorrect File Transfer???
Mar 29, 2013

Does anyone know how to transfer autotext and autocorrect from Word 2000 to Word 2007 Professional?  I've been building the damn things for years, and I've upgraded my Word. I'd hate to have to rebuild.  HELP???!!  ...

Can Anyone Suggest A Good File Transfer Program?
Jan 11, 2010

x ...

FTP (file Transfer Protocol) HIPAA Compliant?
Oct 19, 2011

Hello, my doc is finally going digital after three years of begging him to! His files are too large to email to me, and so I found I need to set up an FTP, and FileZilla was recommended, since it is HIPPA compliant. Does anyone have any experience setting this up? I am good at figuring things out, but this is driving me crazy and taking forever! Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!   ...

File Transfer Protocol And Foot Pedals
Dec 20, 2014

Hi everyone!  I feel like such a dunce!  I'm in my 60s, thought how great it would be to do transcription from home.  I transcribed everything from radiology to oncology, orthopedics, general surgery, doctor's visits, you name it.  Then I became an EMT, then a nurse.  Well, you get the general idea.  Back then, your ONLY transcription gear was a dictaphone machine that played either mini cassettes or regular cassettes.  I picked up the work, drove it ...

Instant Text Pro - Transfer Glossary To Another Computer
Nov 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you can transfer your Intant Text Pro glossary to another computer without the disk?  My computer is about ready to die but I have huge glossary that I am afraid I will have to restart plus buy a whole new disk.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.     ...

Voice File Programs
Jul 23, 2010

Is there a program out there that I can purchase other than Express Scribe that would make it easier for me to adjust things on so that I can hear the file a little better? Thank you ...

DJW Voice File Player
Sep 27, 2010

Hi! I got some DJW format of voice files to play.  I do not know what player play these files. Please help me and let me know the required player to play these. Thanks ...

Having More Than One Voice File Player
Jan 02, 2011

I currently use GearPlayer, and with one of my clients this is required for downloading voice files and uploading completed documents, therefore cannot get rid of it.  GearPlayer is fine for my other accounts as those voice files come via email and FTP and I save them to my system and they open and play on GP just fine. My issue now is if I want to apply with a company who requires ByteScribe or ExpressScribe - or any other player, those are just the two that I am looking at presently - c ...

Same Voice File. This One Sounds Like New Vru
Sep 26, 2012

bandage placed after the procedure! ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A Voice File Test...sm
May 11, 2011

By making silly mistakes that you can't even believe you made!? Oh, I did. Today. I think I would kick myself in the brain if I could. I feel so defeated. ...

DSS Voice File With A $ Sign In Front Of It?
Jul 29, 2011

I agreed to do some work in coverage for someone and the doctor sent files directly.  He uses an Olympus recorder that uploads on AS-4000 Pro Player platform.  Once uploaded, it sends each voice file out by encrypted email.  So I got the .dss file but it comes as .$dss In addition to the voice file, there is an .html file that contains the header information for the recording.  I downloaded the DSS Lite Player, but it doesn't recognize the file.  Before I start d ...

Open Voice File In Olympus
Apr 25, 2012

Anyone know how to play a voice file that came with an email and when I open it, it calls up my Olympus player but it is not there when I look in each folder? I also tried to import the file and it does not go there either. thanks. ...

Medict -- DocQscribe Play Voice File
Oct 18, 2010

Hi, Anyone work for Medict in Florida.  I will be on DocQScribe accounts.  Do you like it.  Any pros/cons.  Anyone know on the DocQScribe system if you can start and stop the voice file by a keystroke.  No footpedal available at the moment so transcribing by keystroke to stop and play voice file.   Thanks for any information. ...

Text Expander File
Apr 20, 2015

Can anyone tell me how to find the file on my computer that holds my text expanders for DocQScribe/Fluency.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Antivirus Software, File Backup
Jul 27, 2011

I'm curious to know what types of good antivirus software are being used by ICs out there who are working from home and transferring files via ftp.  I have Windows Defender, Malware, and McAfee, as well as real-time updates, email and internet security and a firewall.  Also what about file backup?  Thanks! ...

How Can I Open An .esp File Without Using Nuance Software?
Jul 01, 2013

Has anyone ever tried (successfully) to open an .esp file with any other software? If so, I'd love to know how to open one. I need to be sure I am able to utilize it when I leave!  Oh, and I do know that I can print it out, but geeeez, after 6+ years, think of the paper and the re-creation of all of it that would be required!  At this point, my little 'ole lovely .esp file is the only thing between me and the exit sign!  Thanks in advance. ...

DQS Software Suggestions / Speech
Oct 18, 2011

Have sent several long letters to present and former MQ management and CCM suggesting that MTs (which I still call myself) have input in the software corrections and improvements regarding Speech.  I know there are some MTs who went into IT, but where is there input.  It may have been there initially, however over the past year it seems like we are having a lag in the software correction process in that it is not being updated in terms of correcting capability.  I have many sugges ...

Software To Clear Up Speech
Oct 27, 2011

does anyone know if there is software to clear up speech dictation, sometimes i have trouble wth getting the correct words   Thanks! ...

Speech Recognition Software
Feb 19, 2012

Has anyone ever tried speech recognition software when transcribing and if so how does it work.  ...

Inexpensive Software To Transcribe .d2 File Formats- Sm
Apr 26, 2011

Does anyone know of an inexpensive software that will play .ds2 file formats.  Express Scribe will not!!  I am in a pickle and need something inexpensive to play these files.  Thanks!!   ...

Word Autocorrect File Imported To Instant Text V BUT!!!
Jul 23, 2011

I followed the instructions of a poster below for importing my .acl autocorrect to Instant Text V via the importer. It seemed to go. The question I have now is when I open Instant Text on the bottom right I see glossaries, the first glossary is for the transcription department of the company I will be working for. Then the second position shows my MSO1033.acl. When I highlight that, all my entries are there. But when I close the program and then open again, the MSO file is not there, and I have ...