A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do MTs transcribe... - wondering

Posted: Aug 13, 2011

Do MTs transcribe reports for coroners and forensic medical examiners? Anyone out there do this?

Yes, we did. - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
30 years ago the company I worked for had the county coroner account in a very large city. They dictated every case and stored the tapes. When the case was coming up for court, they sent the tape to be transcribed. Cases that never came up for court were never transcribed.

Similar Messages:

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

How To Transcribe This...
Dec 31, 2010

when the person says "cigarette smoking of a pack and a half a day", is that how I should type it or is there a specific way to do it? Thank you. ...

How Do You Transcribe 00
Jan 06, 2011

Have not come across this before - how do you transcribe "double aught", as I have, or 00.   Thanks for your thoughts/help!  ...

How To Transcribe 2 To 3 Out Of 10
Jun 03, 2011

When I went to school years ago I was taught to transcribe 2 to 3 out of 10 as 2/10 to 3/10.  How do you all transcribe that.  Is 2 to 3/10 correct or should it be 2/10 to 3/10 or 2-3/10? ...

How Would You Transcribe This Please? SM
Jan 18, 2012

I am working on an account where I have had literally no training, on a program where I have had literally no training so I have no idea if it is verbatim or not. The doctor dictates "He was seen last by me in December of this year." Okay, it was actually December of last year or 2011, I would assume. Would you transcribe exactly what he says or would you change it to December 2011 or December of last year? Thanks so much!!! ...

Do You Transcribe P.s.?
Feb 22, 2012

If a doctor says p.s. at the end of his letter (as in, he is adding something),  is that transcribed simply as P.S. and beginning a new line? Thanks ...

How To Transcribe Due To #1
Apr 30, 2012

The doc is saying patient is off of all meds due to number 1 her pregnancy but also experiencing side effects.  This is a verbatim account.  Thanks for anyone's help! ...

Anything About Fox Transcribe?
Jun 19, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Fox Transcribe? Appreciate the info. Thanks! ...

Anyone Use Transcribe+?
Oct 18, 2012

Would you happen to know how to keep an entry in the built-in word expander from expanding in the event you are unable to delete it? ...

How Would You Transcribe This
Feb 16, 2013

"... irregular heartbeats lasting for a couple 3 hours."  The account is verbatim with changes to grammar. Do you think "a couple 3 hours" is fine how it is or should I change it? ...

Need Advice: How Would You Transcribe This:
Nov 04, 2009

Our platform doesn't allow the use of the & sign.  How would you transcribe:  We will monitor the patient's (ins & outs).   Would it be ins and outs or in's and out's ? ??? TIA!!! :) ...

Laptop To Transcribe Anyone??
May 27, 2010

I would love to switch over to a laptop to do my daily transcription.  Would like to know if any of you fellow MT"s have been using a laptop, what brand/#, and how well does it work for you?  I have 3 kids and need to be mobile!  Thanks! ...

How Would You Transcribe This Sentence?
Jul 23, 2010

"... she was transfused 2.5 units of packed red cells, [sig.] 25%. " This is the first time I've had a doctor say "sig." in his dictation.  We're not supposed to abbreviate anything, but the definition I found for it online was "these are my instructions". How would you type this?    ...

Companies That Transcribe Only, Any Out There?
Aug 30, 2010

Transcribe 2+ Pigmentation?
Oct 27, 2010

"Zeiss gonioscopy confirms such a situation with 2+ pigmentation in the angle."  Do I transcribe it as 2+ or +2.0? My book of style refers to lens diopter, refraction and axis measurements to be written with the decimal but it doesnt say anything about pigmentation.  ...

How Would You Transcribe 2.245 Cm Square ?? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

x ...

How To Transcribe 1 Teens
Apr 06, 2011

Is this correct?  Heart rate is in the 100s to 1-teens. Doesn't look right, but cannot anything. ...

Transcribe It Quick
Jul 27, 2011

Has anyone worked for this company?  I think it is mostly general transcription. TIA ...

I Do Wish Some Of These Goofballs Had To Transcribe Their Own
Oct 20, 2011

sorry dictation.  They might straighten their act up and learn how to dictate properly.  It makes me want to go their office and give them my history while talking with my hand over my mouth or while I'm eating or smacking gum or whispering or talking so softly that I can't be heard or out in the middle of the waiting room where all the background noise is, etc.   What's just as bad, though, is that the MTSOs don't care about the transcriptionist at all.&n ...

AVN Staging...how Do I Transcribe This?
Feb 24, 2012

Help would be greatly appreciated because I can't locate it anywhere and have not in the last 3 years of doing Ortho had a doctor dictate this way...which I have transcribed verbatim.  " Mr. X is a 33-year-old male, with a history of Chrohn’s disease, who has a history of increasing left hip pain. X-rays, MRI, and plain films are consistent with a collapsed femoral head (stage IV B2). "   ...

Fox Transcribe & Net Transcripts
Jun 25, 2012

So I've been working for these 2 companies for about the past 2 weeks and I'm just wondering if anyone else who works for either one of them can give me any tips.  I really like the work and the flexibility, but I am sooo S-L-O-W.  I just did a file for Fox and it took me 3 hours to do 25 minutes of the file (very clear audio).  For Net Transcripts it seems to take me about 4 to 5 hours to do 30 minutes of dictation.  For me I find Net Transcripts a bit more difficu ...

Is Is Really Possible To Transcribe 200 Lpm With Over 98% Accuracy?
Jul 14, 2012

How To Transcribe PRT Axes
Aug 11, 2012

If a doctor says the PRT axes is 37, minus 22, and 39, how do you transcribe that?  I guess it is axES because there are 3? ...

How Long Does It Take To Transcribe...
Aug 15, 2012

How long does it take to transcribe 45-60 minutes of dictation as a newbie? I realize the times will vary, but just looking for a rough estimate. Thanks in advance. ...

Experience With Fox Transcribe?
Sep 01, 2012

Anyone have experience with Fox Transcribe? Considering applying to recent ad. ...

So Want To Just Transcribe Really??? Learn To
Sep 02, 2012

Not a good day thats for sure ...

FOX TRANSCRIBE/TRANSLATE
Nov 30, 2012

Those working at Fox, how's it going?  Busy? Making any $$?  ...

He Wants Me To Transcribe The Pronunciation... (Please See Msg)
Jan 06, 2013

I've never had this before and I'm not sure how on earth to transcribe it. He dictates the pronunciation for someone's name (specifially, the letters as in the first example) and specifically states he wants it included in the report (so he knows "not to mispronounce it next time" ). Should I maybe put: Cecil (pronounced S-E-S-I-L) and I had a long discussion... Cecil (pronounced "Sesil") and I had a long discussion... Thank for your help!! ...

Transcribe Child's Age
Dec 11, 2013

I forgot how to transcribe, "A 6-year and 5-month old child!"  Thanks ...

How Do You Correctly Transcribe MmHg?
Mar 17, 2010

When transcribing mm of mercury is it mm/Hg or mmHg? Thanks ...