A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fox Transcribe & Net Transcripts - MT

Posted: Jun 25, 2012

So I've been working for these 2 companies for about the past 2 weeks and I'm just wondering if anyone else who works for either one of them can give me any tips.  I really like the work and the flexibility, but I am sooo S-L-O-W.  I just did a file for Fox and it took me 3 hours to do 25 minutes of the file (very clear audio).  For Net Transcripts it seems to take me about 4 to 5 hours to do 30 minutes of dictation.  For me I find Net Transcripts a bit more difficult because it is 100% verbatim and sometimes there is a lot of yelling or people talking over each other.  Anyway, is there anyone out there who works for either of these guys and would like to share some tips or encouragement?  Thanks!

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you earn - call me nosy

[ In Reply To ..]
for 25 minutes? I am trying to figure out if it is worth the time to apply.

Well... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
as far as Fox Transcripts you can find what they pay in the ad over on another big MT board. They had an ad up a couple weeks ago there.

For Net Transcripts in my contract it asks that I not reveal their rates, so I will respect that. But I will say that Fox pays one set price for everything, X amount per audio minute, whereas Net Transcripts has 3 different levels of pay, depending on the turnaround time. Also NT pays significantly more.

Someone on here said she was working for Fox and able to make $12 to $15 an hour. I have not approached that amount, so I was hoping for some tips that may help me get there.

Don't believe everything you read. - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
x
So far, at Fox... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I've only averaged $11 - but it's not my full time gig, just for slack times. What I like is you work when you want and don't have to do any set number of work. Very flexible people.
Just saying what? Why make a general statement and explain nothing more? NM - MT working
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
this person just likes to use the overused - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
phrase of "just saying" without having a dang thing to "say" and then gets mad when you criticize her for using it. I really dislike the phrase of "just saying" as much as "my bad" and a few other choice ones that sound as stupid as they really are. JMO.
Or the absurd "DUH" some poster(s) use - For lack of an intelligent word
[ In Reply To ..]
Egads...you would think in this profession some of the posters would be a bit more literate.
is egads literate? - duh/anon/just sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
It's okay to speak casual also, and not technical 24/7. K?
You mean - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Like, you know, I was just--oh wow! Then I was like, "My bad." Then I was like, you know. So my BFF? She was all like "Dang, girl!"
exactly. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
denotes an illiterate mind that is beyond thinking for oneself and has to resort to teenage colloquialisms in order to express oneself and appear "cool." What ever happened to "professionalism?" I am sure a potential employer would be truly impressed with this type of language. NOT!

also thank you for an actual NAME (sm) - New @ KS

[ In Reply To ..]
....of a company that pays more than Fox! ;o) Although I do really like the flexibility at Fox and the fact that you can listen before claiming a job. I really didn't want a second job, but when I saw how laid-back the terms were, I went for it.
You're welcome...see msg - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you full time with Fox?

I do always skim the audio before I claim but I haven't really been using my expander. Maybe I will eventually get faster at this, I don't know. I have done medical for the past 17 years, so I am new at this general transcription stuff!

Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. nm - call me nosy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

sm - New @ KS

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Autocorrect in MS Word and built in a lot of expansions to help with my speed ("idk" for "I don't know," "tyvm" for "thank you very much," "org" for "organization," etc.). Also I always listen to files before claiming them.

What does that mean, claiming them? - cherry picking?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

sm - New @ KS

[ In Reply To ..]
At Fox, you're a freelancer, not an employee. You choose the jobs yourself, they're not assigned to you.

Yes. You skip over the bad audio and get the - good long jobs -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's like that with most general transcription. You have a queue full of jobs, look at the length, listen to it - if it has good audio and not a bazillion speakers, you grab it. Welcome to the world of GT LOL.
ps... - Its the only way you can make money with - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
focus groups, etc. Otherwise, you'll lose your behind and your mind. Those who just hired on with Fox will see how the real world of GT is. Bravo for them taking the chance, but it's pretty futile for the insulting wage they pay.

Similar Messages:

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

FOX TRANSCRIPTS
Jul 01, 2012

It's been a couple weeks and I thought I'd provide an update for those wondering if this is for them.  The pros as I see them are that they are very flexible, they pay fast and via Paypal, and they respect their staff.  However, the work itself is a crap shoot.   They have a nice feature that let's you listen to a half hour of it before you commit, but if you judge wrong, you are working for minimum wage, possibly less if you are overly contientious or just plain s ...

New England Transcripts
Mar 20, 2015

Hi All!  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with New England Transcripts based in the Boston area.  (This is not New England Transcription - I sent my resume to them too and really hope to get in because I hear they're good to work for).  They do interviews and focus groups and stuff like that.  Would love to stay in medical, but it's getting kinda scary.  Anyway, I sent my resume and they immediately replied (not always a good sign).  I foun ...

Sharon's Transcripts
Jun 11, 2015

Has anyone worked for Sharon's Transcripts and had problems with getting paid on time? ...

Chronicle Transcripts--Anyone Know If Their Server Is Down?
Feb 27, 2010

I had logged into Apex fine and then got an error message.  Now I cannot get in at all.  It goes to google and tells me the link is broken. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Anyone Who Works For Them Now?
Mar 03, 2010

I did a search and most of the postings for this company are old.  Anyone who works for them now?  It sounds like their platform leaves a lot to be desired.  Thanks everyone. ...

Anyone Ever Interview With Chronicle Transcripts?
Mar 11, 2010

Was wondering if anyone has ever interviewed with Chronicle?  I have read the posts here, mostly old, about Chronicle and what bad things are said about them, but I need to get away from SoftScript immediately and have passed all testing with Chronicle and will be having interview and just wondering what they might ask.  Thanks. ...

CHRONICLE TRANSCRIPTS In California. Can Someone
Mar 21, 2010

platform, types of accounts they have, QA, management, pay, etc.?  TIA ...

Anybody Working For Chronicle Transcripts In CA And
Mar 29, 2010

of line counts are you averaging?  TIA ...

Chronicle Transcripts. Looking For Current
May 11, 2010

decent living wage at this company?  I've gone through the archives and saw comments on the platform but some posts said those issues were resolved.  It is possilbe to earn a good paycheck without working 18 hours a day?  Do they really have nonstop work consistently or is this just a backlog situation?  I'm on the fence and afraid to jump from one pot to another.  Thanks for any insight. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Anyone Else Not Been Paid?
Jun 30, 2011

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with getting paid on time.   ...

Is Chronicle Transcripts Worth It?
Nov 28, 2011

I have been invited to test for them, but I wonder what kind of company they are.  I have IE9 and they want an older version of IE for the test (yes, the dreaded MTTest), but I am just wanting to make sure if I test and get hired, it will all be worth it in the end.  Are there any current CTI MTs here?  I would appreciate any info! ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Good Or Bad
Mar 02, 2012

any information on this company would be appreciated  good or bad.  Thanks in advance ...

Chronicle Transcripts - California
Apr 19, 2012

Anyone work for or know anything about this company, the pros and cons?  thanks in advance ...

Whatever You Do, Stay Away From Chronicle Transcripts!
May 07, 2012

I worked for them over a month ago and, though I contacted the mods here (did no good...never heard from them) and the company several times, I still have not been paid. ...

Anyone Ever Work For New England Transcripts?
Dec 04, 2014

Anyone ever work for New England Transcripts? ...

Anyone Familiar With Chronicle Transcripts?
Dec 18, 2014

Interested in the good, bad, and ugly.  TIA ...

Anyone From Chronicle Transcripts Working In Alabama?
Oct 26, 2009

nm ...

Chronicle Transcripts In California? Good, Bad?
Nov 12, 2009

Do they pay on time?  What's the workload like?  ESL?  Platform?  How is QA to get along with?  Any opinions good or bad appreciated.  TIA ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Who Out There Working For This Company
Mar 15, 2010

Who out there working for this company like it so far????  ...

Chronicle Transcripts. Any Current Information
May 05, 2010

on time?  Is there a lot of ESL?  Is the platform user friendly?  Is there really a lot of work? According to there ad it is transcribing and not editing and I'm looking for a company that doesn't do voice editing.  TIA ...

Chronicle Transcripts In California. Any Current
Jun 01, 2010

TIA ...

Does Anyone Have Any Recent Info On Chronicle Transcripts In
Dec 01, 2010

info in the archives.  Do they run out of work?  How is QA?  Do they pay on time?  TIA. ...

Any Current Information On Chronicle Transcripts?
Sep 26, 2012

nm ...

Chronicle Transcripts. Any Current Info. I See
Oct 22, 2012

Any info on pay, platform, sufficient work, QA appreciated.  TIA. ...

Any Info On Chronicle Transcripts Would Be Greatly Appreciated
Mar 06, 2010

I passed all testing and now am up for an interview with Chronicle and was hoping for some more input on company.  I see some posts, but older ones and would like anyone who might currently be working for them regarding lines, pay, work available, etc.  I am currently with a company, SoftScript, and really need to get out, but do not want to go to another company just as bad.  Thanks. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Current Work Situations?
May 10, 2010

I may have an opportunity with Chronicle and would like to ask about current work situations.  I've seen a few older posts in archives regarding running out of work and the Apex platform.  Have these problems been resolved?  Any new information?  I would so appreciate anything anyone has to say. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Experience With Chronicle Transcripts? Any Input Would Be Appreciated. TIA Nm
Jan 31, 2011

s ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Any Current Info Or Experience
May 31, 2011

Does anyone have any current info or experience regarding Chronicle?  The most recent posts I could find searching the site where from over a year ago. TIA for anyone who can share any info :) ...

Any Current Or Recent Informatio On Chronicle Transcripts
Jan 17, 2012

Thinking of applying.  Any information on enough work, platform, QA process, etc. appreciated.  ...