A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is is really possible to transcribe 200 lpm with over 98% accuracy? - anon

Posted: Jul 14, 2012

yeah... easily - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I transcribe about 230-250 lph at 99% or above accuracy and edit about 290 or so at the same accuracy.

Why are you asking?

Yes, also easily. In case it's applicable, I'm not doing data entry - in addition to editing, though. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yes, I have...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
but I have 35+ years of experience with a well populated expander program. Keep in mind, though, this is straight transcription. My last 2 quality audits were 100% and 99.6. On SR, I usually average between 300 and 350 with the same caliber accuracy scores. I am not the fastest typist in the world, so someone who is can probaby average more lines.

I need some help on this. - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
Give me some tips as to how you do this? I can't keep my mind on what I am typing and proof at the same time. I use a lot of macros too!! I would really be interested in what you do to get the accuracy and the lines.

my favorite tip - do not flame me

[ In Reply To ..]
it's so basic and simple, please don't flame me, but it's so easy to forget to speed up the playback when you have someone hemming and hawing. When I get someone like that I get so distracted, next thing you know I'm looking at Facebook or something, so try to remember to speed up the slowpokes.
My own favorite tip is to set a LMH goal just above - your fastest and go for it. Then
[ In Reply To ..]
do that again. You can't do that and peek at Facebook, or in my case A book, too.

Yes, it definitely is if you mean 200 lines per hour (lph) - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
I average 200-250 lph straight typing with 100% accuracy on my last review. Being familiar with your account, using an expander, utilizing normals/templates, creating shortcuts for repetitive tasks, etc., will definitely help. It is hard to start out that fast as it does take (at least me) a while to get used to a new account and be that fast doing it, but generally speaking once you are familiar with things it is definitely doable. It does also depend, of course, on what software you are transcribing into and if your company is counting lines fairly. If you are not being paid for spaces, it would be harder to obtain the 200 lph. If you have a lot of templates that you do not get paid for of if you are entering a lot of demographics information for free it would also be harder.

its getting harder and harder to keep one account and get fast on it - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Before I get into this, who the heck is that "sm" ignorant person that is always so rude on this board "why are you asking." Anyway, thank you for all the polite replys. I am in between jobs now and I know when starting a new account its so hard to get a decent hourly wage at 8 cents a line or 3/4 cents editing. The more you can do an hour the better but accuracy is a real factor these days more than ever. MTSO's want it all now for very little money.

Im not rude... I was wondering why you asked. Geez. - sm means SEE MESSAGE

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wanted to know why you ask that, like are you new to the field, or did someone tell you that it is impossible. I was only asking a question, just like you did!

By the way, when you see "sm" that just means to see message (nm means no message). It is not my name.

kind of depressing - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
200 lph at 8 cents a line (seems the standard going rate now everywhere) is only $16 an hour, 3/4 cents a line editing at 300 lph is only $12/hour. I know I need to leave MT, but love the medical language I worked so hard to learn over the years. Medical coding is looking better and better to me. Looking at going to school for it shortly.

High lines per hour and proofing them - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm paid by the hour and their software keeps track of the time and lines etc. I have never been able to catch onto typing and proofing, don't trust myself to catch everything. I only do Facebook when I am not in a file. I have only done this account for a little over two months now and am now just getting comfortable with it. They are ready to cut me loose because no matter how I do it, I'm too slow and not accurate enough. I have added numerous IT macros. They only have a few templates for procedures etc. I am not distracted when I am in the file by a radio or anything. They expect 150 lph and don't know if it is possible as some dictators, even though I am more used to them, are hard to understand and sometimes hard to hear. Thanks for all your good advice. It is taken to heart.

lpm or lph? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Given all positive variables, way easy to do lph. Don't know anyone, however who types 200 lpm. You can only transcribe as fast as the dictator goes and I dont think 200 lpm would be doable (caveat unless you're doing VR)

MANY VARIABLES CONTRIBUTE TO AN APPROPRIATE ANSWER - NEED DETAILS

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's VERY MISLEADING & POTENTIALLY IRRESPONSIBLE for some of the MTs to respond without any details of this OP MTs MTSO/platform, etc? Then to to respond lacking any details of their own regarding their own MTSO/platform, etc.? When, there are so MANY variables that go into determining LPH & CPL. To come on and just generically state "Oh..yeah..no problem," well do share the particulars, so as not to confuse the other less fortunate MTs. MT compensation on a national average is poverty-laden and that is a fact. The minority MTs NOT suffering the effects of these MTSO monopolies are very few and far between & that too is a fact. Please offer some details to put your own situations into perspective, without leaving people with false assumptions. Thank you.

Similar Messages:

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

98% Accuracy
Sep 30, 2011

I find it ironic that ad after ad on the job boards here and others on those pathetic Indian websites that go on and on about wanting only the best, blah, blah, and 98% accuracy, when their are typos throughout their ads, and we pay beggar wages to boot! ...

Just Under 99% Accuracy
Oct 24, 2012

I've made lots of 100% accuracy scores, but I just saw that I made a 3.0 Critical error on a VR dictation at Nuance.  It was where the doctor said a medication amt that sounded very much like another amount.  I have been extremely careful with the medication amounts and the laboratory values, but made this mistake!!   Anyway, that brought my accuracy to just under 99%.  I want to go back and listen to that dictation again, bet it was hard to tell the difference in t ...

99.6 Accuracy?
Jun 06, 2013

I just heard that Mmodal is requiring 99.6?  Just blinked my eyes a couple times.  This can't be true, right? ...

99% Accuracy
Sep 04, 2013

With Nuance's high standards and QA picking apart every report, I am feeling pretty down on myself.  I question my ability to do my job.  I question every comma, every word, and dread waking up to this job for fear of making mistakes.  It isn't a good feeling.  I have been in this field since 1992 and have never felt so incompetent and stupid. ...

99.7% Accuracy
Mar 29, 2014

99.7% accuracy when told to a recent business school graduate. Sure 99.7% accuracy is what they strive for in production of goods in a factory..To try for 99.7% accuracy in a job that has as many variables as transcription is a completely unrealistic goal. Speech patterns alone of different people makes errors almost inevitable. What they are striving for is an impossible goal. Hum, wonder who is running the company because this is from a 22 year old ...

You Want Better Accuracy?
Nov 05, 2014

Any report that is 100%, give a 2 cent per line bonus for that report, you would be surprised what a little bit of positive reinforcement does. ...

MM Accuracy
Feb 27, 2015

We've all seen the blogs lately.  Failing audits for not putting a comma, getting marked off for adding or deleting a word to make the sentence make better sense, not following CP and so forth.  Here's something for MM to ponder (if they were actually reading all this).  If accuracy truly means something to you, and that is one of your "selling points" to your clients (their website boasts "industry leading accuracy rate"), then why don't you give your MTs a chance ...

100% Accuracy.....BUT
Apr 09, 2015

I just cannot wrap my head around why I continually get 100% accuracy and still get the shaft. This last week?.....I'm over QA by 0.23%, yet I repeatedly get 100% accuracy time and time again. I so need to change jobs, but I just cannot figure out which way to go…not to mention since taking pay cut after pay cut for the last 10 years, I cannot afford to go back to school, and I wouldn't know what to go for anyway…when I got into this field, I thought it was a sure thing, ...

Accuracy Rate Of 99%. Does Anyone Know...
Jun 16, 2011

if the 99% accuracy rate also applies to the ILP?  After all, CBay and Medquist have become one company called Medquist (something, it has changed too many times for me to remember), but I would think if it is company policy it should apply to all.  Most of us have an average of 99% or above accuracy rate, but I still have a problem with making it the standard rating.  Especially given the consistent inaccuracy or ASR and the increase of lines per hour for many MTs.  If this ...

Now According To QA You Have To Have 99.5 Percent Accuracy
Mar 01, 2013

Are they kidding? Who has 99.5% accuracy every audit.  This is the new Mmodal accuracy rule. Sounds like they are trying to weed out that is for sure.  You would have to be a robot to get this accuracy every single time you transcribe. ...

Accuracy Requirement
Mar 09, 2013

Very shortly our accuracy requirement will be 99.6%.  Since this company cares nothing about accuracy, my conclusion is two-fold:  1) As they always have, they are going to use this as a marketing tool.  2) Anyone who falls below 99.6% will have their pay docked thus reducing the company's labor costs even further and will probably result in administrative bonuses.  For new employees - welcome to MM.  For everyone else - get out if you can.  ...

New MT, Accuracy Is Not Improving
May 27, 2013

I started at Nuance about a month ago. I am a new MT, graduated from CareerStep with Honors at 94%. I've been transcribing for 2.5 weeks now. I have quite a bit of anxiety because my QC scores are not improving, sometimes even getting worse. I seem to have troubles with numbers in particular. I will listen through labs or vital signs again and again and I am sure that I am hearing 116, not 160. I am just beginning to feel hopeless, like I am not good enough. A goal of 99% seems so far when ...

Your Dictators % Accuracy?
Jul 01, 2013

I just checked the accuracy of one of our best ESL dictators after editing.  He has 28% accuracy.  Total words: 350.  Total errors: 64 (words and punctuation).  This was a full page of report. I wonder what the average accuracy is for your dictators?  How low a figure will they settle for allowing in the patient records? ...

Synernet QA Accuracy
Sep 08, 2014

I was wondering if anyone would tell me their experiences with the accuracy requirements for Synernet, how many audits they've had, what you did to bring up your scores... Like that. I cannot for the life of me see what I am doing, yet for the past 9 months I've been audited and keep getting put on 3-5 day QA. I'm worried that this is the last time...  I mean, I READ the feedback and take it all in, but there is no consistency to what they mark against me! Any info would be a ...

FlashCount Accuracy
Oct 01, 2014

I downloaded FlashCount and love the ease of use.  However, it gives a count which is slightly higher than when I manually do it in Word by dividing characters with spaces by 65.  Is there a way to adjust the settings in FlashCount so it will give me the same count.  I wonder if it is counting things like bold, etc.  Or, is there another counting program that will count batches of files and do it accurately?  It need not be freeware.  I will pay for it.  Years ...

Amphion--98.8% Accuracy?
Jun 12, 2015

How in the world are you supposed to meet that? Do they pay more for that kind of perfection? 98.8 is only about half a typo. Seems like they want something for nothing. That was in the recent job ads on this board. ...

Question About Determining Accuracy...
Jun 15, 2010

Hey y'all, Just wondering how you determine your accuracy on the job? I mean, is it that you are 98-100% accurate the first time you transcribe something or do you send your transcripts back and forth to an editing department and the final product determines your accuracy? I'm just trying to figure out exactly how everything in the MT biz works before I take the plunge in the next few months after I graduate. Any insight is greatly appreciated. ...

Has The Fat Lady Sung? 95% Accuracy.
Sep 12, 2011

I had a conversation with my personal physician today.  He was using a laptop throughout the course of my exam. I questioned him as to whether this was EMR. He stated that it was.  His entire practice has converted to EMR in conjunction with front-end speech recognition.  This is the part that knocked me off of my feet--he stated that the physicians in the practice consistently get 95% accuracy in the drafts that present on the screen for them to edit. Note: They are editing the ...

Did Anyone Catch That NTS Has 60% Accuracy Per 100 Lines
Oct 18, 2012

On recent mandatory training video, when talking about quality percentages etc., the speaker mentioned that on spot audits by clients out of every 100 lines audited, only 60 of lines (or 60%) must be error free? Did I interpret that correctly? ...

Have They Changed Accuracy Requirement?
Nov 23, 2013

got a report from auditors with a several below 99.6% and they were still marked as passing. anyone else? ...

Accuracy Requirements Of Nuance
Dec 01, 2013

A friend of mine works at Nuance (formerly worked at Transcend, but of course Nuance is gobbling up every MTSO) and said they require 99% accuracy. And rather than an average, they run the accuracy on every single report so that even though, for example, 5 reports may be 100% accurate, if one is 98%, you're screwed. Since when did the industry standard go from 98% to 99%? Plus apparently you are marked down for blanks no matter what. Whenever I have worked in a "real" healthcare organizatio ...

Notified I Have 98% Accuracy - Is This A THREAT?
Jan 02, 2014

This company is undoubtedly the most ruthless company I've ever worked for. Nothing is good enough, NOTHING! ...

Is There Anyone Who Really Can Sustain A 99.7% Accuracy Rate????
Mar 02, 2014

After failing my audit with a 99.55%, was told I cannot fail another audit of less than 99.7% for the next 6 MONTHS!!!   Is anyone that super-human?  I'd like to see the bozo that came up with that ridiculous number try it! ...

Complaint About Doctors And Accuracy
Jan 19, 2015

One of the biggest complaints I have is when the doctor doesn't spell the patient's name. I mean I cannot know how to spell all foreign names nor can I tell if it is a male or female. Another one is when doctors do not spell carbon copy doctors' names nor sometimes even say where they are from. If they want those things to be accurate, then dictate it that way PLEASE. ...

Questions About Accuracy Rating Criteria
Nov 15, 2010

Is it the norm to get dinged for leaving a blank when you supervisor is checking accuracy?  I think this is kind of unfair because if you are not sure of something and trying to be careful, why would you get dinged?  Also, do you have specific guidelines as to what is expected, such as what is considered slang, et cetera.  We started getting audited but have no criteria.  ...

Re Docking Pay For Not Meeting Accuracy. It Is Back To
Jan 09, 2012

the accuracy level but instead of taking responsibility for that, turns it around on the MTSO as being wrong for penalizing them for not meeting the company's accuracy expectations.  You know what they expect and you know what the penalty is if you cannot meet that expectation.  How is that wrong on the MTSO's part?  You cannot control the actions of the MTSO, you can only control your own actions and if you cannot meet accuracy, how is that a problem of the MTSO? ...

Line Count Accuracy. Would This Work?
Jun 02, 2012

I've been thinking about line count. To figure if Nuance line counts are correct,  just go to the eScription's old reports and do a search for 1 day of your own reports.  Then,  just copy and pasted them in to word.  Then do a line count.  Wouldn't that work? ...

4 Mistakes Out Of 4100 Lines, How Is That Less Than 98% Accuracy?
Jul 09, 2012

Maybe I am not doing the math right, but if someone has 4 mistakes out of 4100 lines, how is that less than 98% accuracy? ...

What Percentage Of Dictators Can Achieve 99% Accuracy Using VR?
Nov 24, 2013

On the account I work I'd say only about one dictator in 20 can achieve 99% accuracy with VR without editing.   This doesn't surprise me in the least. We could have told the developers this 20 years ago, but money talks.  For the doctors forced to use VR, will the errors be acceptable to them?  To the big wigs at the hospitals?   ...