A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

transcribe child's age - majill

Posted: Dec 11, 2013

I forgot how to transcribe, "A 6-year and 5-month old child!"  Thanks

I would type 6-year-5-month-old - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

6-year 5-month-old child - No hyphen between!-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

6-year, 5-month old - I would put a comma nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No comma! - According to MT style rules-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

Similar Messages:

When A Doctor States "the Child Is A *2+ 5-year-old* Child", Is This The Way It Should Be
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Child Psychiatry
Feb 02, 2010

The 4-year-old child is being examined for inappropriate sexual contact.  She is noted to be having self ______ behaviors. s/l comenistrative ...

Well-child Care
Apr 15, 2012

Doctor says: She states her health has been good without any treatment besides a well-child care period (do you think period as in punctuation???) ...

Child Or Children
May 02, 2012

This dr. is not consistent. Sometmes she says, "She is married with a male and a female CHILD." Other times, it's "She is married with a male and a female CHILDREN." This occurs often enough that I'm totally confused on the proper term. ...

Child Birth
Jan 12, 2013

Hi. "Frontal vaginal delivery" Simple, duh, I have brain freeze. Can someone help. Thanks. ...

Help! Med For Child S/l Peer And Albuterol??
Apr 28, 2010

.. ...

Mental Disorder In Child
Jun 04, 2010

The patient is 17 and has a longstanding history of "s/l trigluterimania"...she is also anxious. any ideas? TIA ...

Child Exam Questions
Aug 10, 2010

Would this go under genitourinary or skin exam:  The diaper area has an erythematous rash.  There are no open areas at this time.  There are no abnormalities of the scrotum.  Also, Prilosec for rhinitis?  Thanks.  ...

Ortho Total Hip On A Child Help Pls
Jan 13, 2013

Hi any help really appreciated, cant locate anything even close.. Pinnacle, s/l "banton" acetabular component with a 28 mm Ultrex polyethylene liner. ...

Red Headed Step Child
Jul 15, 2014

Anyone else feel that way -- especially those of us that just got shuffled off to wherever when their supervisors got RIFfed? ...

S/l Child With Schwartz Champell Syndrome
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Child Diagnosed With Pharyngitis And Paretsia?
Jun 17, 2010

She has a spanish accent and is am not sure what she is saying.  The child  was diagnosed with pharyngitis and sounds likes she is saying paretsia? ...

I Always Thought It Was Cute To Spell A Child's Name Different
Mar 22, 2013

I had to TYPE them, OMG!  I type for a pediatric clinic and these name spellings are outrageous!  The way my platform works, I type in the patient's name the way it sounds and after the dictation is done a search list comes up and I am ALWAYS having to go back and change the spelling I gave.  I used to think it was all cute to spell a child's name different, but now if another, I may name her "Mary" LOL.  I just typed on a kid named Jacob, but of course it was spell ...

S/l ADs. Child With Seizures. Parents Are Not Sure What ADs He Was On At That Time.
May 30, 2014

nm ...

Anybody Else Get Emotional Typing Child Abuse Reports?
Aug 25, 2010

Or am I just not cut out for this job? ...

Child W/chronic Kidney Disease On Enalapril And S/l SOO TA. Nm
Jul 11, 2014

x ...

Child With Difficulty Sleeping Prescribed "boca" Medications At Night
Aug 13, 2010

. ...

One Child Has thyroid Disease And "queshee Acor."
Oct 19, 2009

One child has thyroid disease and "queshee acor." (sounds like!!!) Tried searching diseases and still couldn't find... which is hard anyway since I don't know how to spell it... Sure sounded funny!!! ...

He Dictates"He Is A Reportedly Healthy 3+ 10-year-old Child" Is This How It Should Be Type
Nov 17, 2009

NM ...

Ortho: Child With Toe-walking. On Exam, S/l "bay Hans" Is Normal
Aug 06, 2014

TIA!  ...

PMH - Significant Tear With Her First Child S/l "het Or Hep" Band ?? See Msg
Jun 13, 2011

PMH :  Significant tear with first child s/l hep or het band? No other info given.  Thanks! ...

In Medical History: S/l "tet" Tubes As A Child.
Apr 24, 2013

maybe pet tube? ...

How To Transcribe This...
Dec 31, 2010

when the person says "cigarette smoking of a pack and a half a day", is that how I should type it or is there a specific way to do it? Thank you. ...

How Do You Transcribe 00
Jan 06, 2011

Have not come across this before - how do you transcribe "double aught", as I have, or 00.   Thanks for your thoughts/help!  ...

How To Transcribe 2 To 3 Out Of 10
Jun 03, 2011

When I went to school years ago I was taught to transcribe 2 to 3 out of 10 as 2/10 to 3/10.  How do you all transcribe that.  Is 2 to 3/10 correct or should it be 2/10 to 3/10 or 2-3/10? ...

Do MTs Transcribe...
Aug 13, 2011

Do MTs transcribe reports for coroners and forensic medical examiners? Anyone out there do this? ...

How Would You Transcribe This Please? SM
Jan 18, 2012

I am working on an account where I have had literally no training, on a program where I have had literally no training so I have no idea if it is verbatim or not. The doctor dictates "He was seen last by me in December of this year." Okay, it was actually December of last year or 2011, I would assume. Would you transcribe exactly what he says or would you change it to December 2011 or December of last year? Thanks so much!!! ...

Do You Transcribe P.s.?
Feb 22, 2012

If a doctor says p.s. at the end of his letter (as in, he is adding something),  is that transcribed simply as P.S. and beginning a new line? Thanks ...

How To Transcribe Due To #1
Apr 30, 2012

The doc is saying patient is off of all meds due to number 1 her pregnancy but also experiencing side effects.  This is a verbatim account.  Thanks for anyone's help! ...