A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Concerns group - BJ

Posted: Jan 29, 2011

I have grave concerns regarding our profession.  Many of you do as well.  I am not normally one who dwells on this sort of thing, but I have seen our profession go from being able to support myself to a profession of hardly making it.  I have had to drop my health insurance in order to pay rent and utilities.  At my age, this is not a good thing at all.  I have scaled back on everything.  The only luxury I have is I rent 1 movie a week and then only very inexpensive ones.  I was wondering if there is a group of people out there who can help us organize ourselves to get at least some kind of help or plan to see if we can get back our profession.  We are still professional people.  Not just everyone can do this type of work.  Yet we are being paid so little.  To me it has been a real blow.  I support myself and I am barely able to make it.  If anyone out there has information on this, if anyone knows who we can contact to help us with the real concerns that we have it would be appreciated, and we really need to do something about this as I see this as a problem nationwide. 

It would be great if enough people could agree on things - to get a group going. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd sure join up if it were strictly American MTs truly looking out for American MTs, instead of someone looking to line their own pocket or benefit themselves.

Seriously. If anyone wants to start up something, I'm in on it. At least we'd be trying, instead of most whining and moaning how tough it is and why doesn't "somebody" do something.

Concerns group - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
The same for me as well. I have been searching the internet for any source of help to organize this. We really do need help. Most of us are struggling with drastic drops in pay in our profession. It certainly seems to me instead of just writing to a board where everyone knows the problems, we should have some place that MTs can go for help/assistance, etc (MTs in America). You and I have both seen the numerous posts there are about people losing their incomes drastically, and people leaving because they can't afford to do it any longer. It is something we really need and if anyone has ideas out there, let's go for it.

You already have the ATA (American Transcription Association) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and then there's the AHDI.

The ATA started up a little over a year ago.

?
yeah... they do nothing for us either - 100.00 to join for a newsletter
[ In Reply To ..]
Obama himself didn't want to save our jobs, so why would anyone else? We are screwed.
yeah...they do nothing for us either - travelinmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Have you joined ATA? Have you paid $100 out of your pocket? If you answers are "NO"...then don't complain. ATA is a new association that was formed especially for the benefit of American Transcriptionists. Canadian transcriptionists wanted to join and were told "No". ATA was formed to help "us" the American Transcriptionists and the issues in our country. Like any new organization it takes time and alot of effort to get recognized in the community. If no one wants to join or put any effort into increasing recognition then why do you expect the work to be done at someone else's efforts and expense to make your job better? Everyone is working trying to make a living and promoting ATA in their spare time. No one appreciates the time and the effort it takes to get sponsors, write up petitions, etc.

It takes a village.........

An ATA Advisory committee member.
The complainers are useless. What they really want - is ... sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They REALLY want:
A group only for those unhappy about the profession.

A group that can lobby on their behalf, set up their own style guide, construct their own credentialing or testing methodology, etc.

A group that will allow them each to be heard.

Oh, and best of all - they want it for FREE!

They don't want to pay a single dime for anything. They don't want to put their name out there.

They ALSO want their so-called efforts to change the industry! They want to recall the work from offshore (ain't gonna happen), they want penalties to employers who don't pay them $20+ an hour to work at home and produce NOTHING, and they want to STOP technological advancements.

They are wanting a fantasy that will NEVER come true to happen.

Sadly, others CAN do our job and are willing to do it for way - less than we are. Wages are down SM

[ In Reply To ..]
cause OS will do it for less. And drs and facilities want transcription for the lowest cost possible. The low man, us, always is squeezed to try to get more for less. It is not USA versus the rest of the world. It is ONE world, and rather small at that. MT is never going to be like it was. This is probably what telephone operators felt like when they became obsolete.

Concerns - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not saying that we are not at another level of technology. I am saying we should not have to get paid less for doing what we do.

If we don't do something we will never be anything but what we are now.

WHy shouldnt we? Others will do it for less. If you insist on - getting paid more than OS, SM

[ In Reply To ..]
you will be waiting a LONG time for a job.
Concerns - BJ
[ In Reply To ..]
What are you talking about? I don't understand what you are saying.
You said we should not have to get paid less and I - asked why shouldnt we? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Pay - BJ
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would you want to get paid less? Anyone who works a job wants to get paid what they are worth. But then maybe you don't.
I dont WANT to get paid less, where did I say that? I said - facilities wont pay US MT more when SM
[ In Reply To ..]
they can get the job done cheaper from OS (and also those US MTs who will work for nothing.)
But I work all the time to maximize my pay. I dont stay - at an MTSO with clunky platform, SM
[ In Reply To ..]
or micromanaging (takes up to much of my time). Used to be, I would have added or a plaatform that alters what I should be paid, according to my contract, but ALL of the platforms I have worked with, have been skewed in favor of the MTSO. The one now, I thought was screwing me less, lol, but that might be changing too.
I don't believe OS can do the job without - US MTs editing their work NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
They are doing VR and sending right to facility, skipping - US editing. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

This makes no sense - long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you're on Wall Street, you're likely being paid less to do what you've always done in the US today. It's our new REALITY.

Singing about we must organize is simply not even a realistic goal. TODAY'S MARKET bears XX price for YY service. It doesn't really matter if you want ZZ in salary or if you made AAA 20 years ago. We're HERE today.

You have options. You can tell your MTSO you will not work for the current wages. See if you can negotiate a higher salary. (We all know the answer to that will be that that cannot happen, but you must ASK, have you??)

Have ANY of you who are kvetching about "we must organize" told an MTSO, "I won't work for that!" Or have you said- "Here are my rates" and then stood by it?

I have. I have decades of experience, ran my own service for many years, and am damn good at my job. I'm paid on the higher end of the spectrum but it's still no where near what I *was* making or (truth be told) what I like to think I'm worth. But it is what the market will bear.

I'm sorry you're struggling. But the ORGANIZATION begins with you- share what steps you've taken to be paid what you consider a fair wage? Share what plans you have to do your job smarter?

What a comparison! - mt1970

[ In Reply To ..]
To compare the skill set and experience required for acute-care MTs to that of telephone operators? Seriously? You ARE out of touch. Plus, it is NOT quite the ''one-world'' scenario you describe. When wages plus costs of living in Mumbai are comparable with that of the USA, come back and we'll all join in for a chorus of It's A Small, Small World.

I am not comparing the skills of MT to that of operators. I - am comparing the fact that they SM

[ In Reply To ..]
were made obsolete but technology. And the cost of living in Mumbai DOES affect us cause if a MT in Mumbai can afford to work for less, who do you think is going to get the job? It is a small world for the fact that that MT in Mumbai does have an impact on my job in the USA.

And OS cost of living will never raise to meet US COL. - US will be pulled down til we all SM

[ In Reply To ..]
meet in the middle, higher for them, lower for us.

Concerns group - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
DISREGARD THIS POST. THANK YOU

What do you want this mythical "group" to do - for you?

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are unable to make a living as an MT, there is no "group" that will make anyone pay you any more. The market determines the rates, and if that doesn't work for you, then it's time to find a job that will provide what you need. You'll have to get up and do that yourself, though, no one is going to rescue you. The truth is that the market for MT services has changed and nothing is going to return things to any previous halcyon state. Technology will eventually (probably sooner rather than later) make MTs obsolete, including our offshore competition. We need to stop trying to turn back the clock. It's time to look out for ourselves and transition to new jobs that will provide what we need. No one is going to rescue us. It's just business.

Excellent post - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't agree more. Time is not going to go backwards. My mom said no matter how much you want it to go back to the way it used to be it's not. Times have changed. I've been reading in the news that for some people who lost their jobs they are just not ever going to come back (my DH included). What he used to do is no longer around and he's having a hard time dealing with that. People have to take responsibility for their own lives.

Post on concerns - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I would say excellent post if it made any sense. The whole post just twisted everything I said in my original post. I never said I expected to go back to what things used to be, all I was saying was getting paid for what we are worth. Hey if you want to get paid what you do, then you are very welcome too. I for one have fought many more battles and won than you can even think about. So sit there and make your peanuts and be happy. I guess then someone can take care of you. Take responsibility for yourself and never presume upon my responsibilities or my intelligence for that matter.
Peanuts? Sweetie, I made $167k last year. - but only $40k was from my
[ In Reply To ..]
part-time MT job. It paid for my new Cadillac. I don't count on MT to provide a living because I know it's just not possible to do that any more. It's great for the extras, though.

Don't waste your sympathy on me, I'm fine.
Then, Honey, the extra $124k is irrelevent to this - discussion. So what, who cares? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I. Am. So. Sure. - ROFLMAO.
[ In Reply To ..]
Pah-the-tik.
Not at all, dear. - I started a concierge business
[ In Reply To ..]
when it became obvious that the good times in MT were gone. I hire retired Federal employees, and we provide concierge, housesitting, and petsitting services, mostly targeting the big D.C. law firms. Those people work brutal hours and are a goldmine for concierge services. I kept my best MT job, which will likely be gone within five years as the docs retire, but by then I plan to expand the concierge business into Baltimore, so I expect I won't miss it.

You can scoff if you want, but it won't affect my business or my bottom line. Those lawyers will pay through the nose to have someonepick up their drycleaning, walk their dogs, feed their parrots, or wait for the plumber or cable guy when they're working 16-hour days.

Life is what you make of it. If MT isn't paying the bills, find a niche and fill it. MT isn't the only way to make a living working at home.
Have you invented a name for this hallucination - errr, I mean business yet?
[ In Reply To ..]
Care to share that info, or is it top secret DC info?
Spit take! What a joke...unless you can prove it, it didn't happen! - ROFLMAO
[ In Reply To ..]
!
I don't actually need to prove anything to you - or anyone else
[ In Reply To ..]
Whether you believe in it or not, the business hums right along. You could do the same thing I did. It wasn't difficult at all, and really nearly runs itself now. Put some of that energy you're wasting on jealousy into making something of your own life. Seriously, lawyers will pay outrageous fees to make their lives run smoothly while they work. I wish I'd thought of it earlier, I'd be making even more by now. Look up concierge services in the phone book and call a few and ask them what they charge. You won't believe it. It's a gold mine.
If it is such a goldmine, why then do you feel the need - to MT on the side and
[ In Reply To ..]
make yourself look like an utter fool by such bogus claims as supplemental income amounting to 40K as parttimer? Just who do you think you are fooling here, other than yourself? And that jealosy slam...just another figment of your overactive imagination. Get a grip, will ya?

Mythical group? - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
You have no idea about my life, about my work ethic at all. You are saying things that are not needed. You are making something very innocent into something very negative. I am not complaining about SR. I am not complaining about change. But you turned it all around to the way you think, and that is not what I said at all. I can tell you one thing, saying what you just did is fatalism. We are all going to die so if we are all going to die why take care of yourself? Why work? Why eat? That is about as foolish as this post. I just don't have time for this negativism.

BJ - I agree

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't agree more. While I am thankful to be employed, especially at a time when so many are not, we certainly do need someone to advocate for us. At my last in-house job, the insurance cost was so high, I could not afford to sign up for it and still put food on my table with the paycheck I was getting.

As far as MT's becoming obsolete, I've been hearing that said for the last 11 years, and here we still are. (I'm still doing all straight transcription.) Believe it or not, there are still some offices that use cassette tapes.

It is extremely disheartening to see our profession being dumbed down more and more over the years.

I'm going to research about getting this type of help as well, though I'm very cautiously optimistic.

though I'm very cautiously optimistic. - long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
WOW. Are you of the generation where White Knights and Fairy Tales ruled the day?

YOU are your own best advocate. There's no group. There's no organization. There's no white knight. There will be no happily ever after.

YOU get to fight for what you want.

WOW!!! - Are you ruled by PMS?

[ In Reply To ..]
That is exactly what BJ is talking about, fighting for what we want. I did, however, say I was cautiously optimistic, and that is because of the direction our profession has taken.

You don't have to agree with this idea, but what in the WORLD is your problem?

I wish I had some holy water to throw on you.

Some of you people on here - have nastiness down to an art

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll say that!

Try to have a better day! :-)
Some of us people - xx
[ In Reply To ..]
know and articulate the reality of today's marketplace. That is not being nasty; it is just being realistic. Anytime anyone says anything that the magical thinking folks who want to return to the old days do not like, we are accused of being nasty. (That's the cheapest sell-out there is in an argument, by the way.) Nasty and realistic are not the same thing. Negative and realistic are not the same thing. We would all do well to know the difference. Perhaps it is because some of us do not that difference that the MTSOs have been able to manipulate us and the market as we have as they have. Just sayin........Wake up, people, it is 2011, not the 30s. The Wobblies are not going to organize your union. The days of the big bucks are gone. Look into some retraining for yourselves and get the heck out of Dodge. There are no more golden cookies to be had here for you, for me, for anybody. I don't like it any more than y'all do, but I cannot change the economic facts. Good luck to everybody. Peace out.
Peace out to you too, dear :-) - And who the heck are the "Wobblies"?
[ In Reply To ..]
You're free to think any way you want.

Just sayin'.

Again, try to have a better day. :-)

Off to eat my "golden cookies".
You too, honey. Cant you glean meaning just from context - of sentence? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Have a nice day, dear :-) - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Big smooch. ;-* - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Try to have a better day, dear :-) - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Biig smooch { ;-* } and a hug. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

agree - she must be a newbie...certainly a dreamer. this subject is so old and overdone. - sick sick sick of the kids NM

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a newbie - nothing wrong with being a dreamer or thinking pos
[ In Reply To ..]
Without dreams, after all, what do we have?

If you find this subject to be so "old and overdone", you're perfectly free not to read about it and move on.

Have a nice day. :-)

You cant afford insurance. Seems like an insurance - issue, not an employment SM

[ In Reply To ..]
issue. If insurance wasnt so outragious, it would be affordable on MT wage.

insurance - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
You are missing the point entirely. I am not talking about insurance and the price of insurance. I was simply and only putting out there that at one time I was able to afford my insurance but then when our salaries went down because of the new SR and the lower price per line, that it has become impossible for me to afford insurance at all. You just twisted my whole post around. This was to be positive and not negative. Yet it seems there is a real delight in shooting the messenger.
NO, I get your point isnt going to change anything.Pay - has gone down, insurance has SM
[ In Reply To ..]
gone sky high, not a good combination. Many, many dont have insurance through their work and I forsee that number will increase.

BJ - Concerns group - argon

[ In Reply To ..]
My daddy always used to say "The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm." There are no rescuers here. It is all about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. If you have the wherewithall to joust with the likes of MQ, Transcend, their lawyers and all that goes with it (and with smaller companies as well--remember Heartland?--they got eaten alive), you go for it, girl. As for me, I am preparing for another career, completely unrelated to MT. I have another 20-25 years to work and it ain't gonna be here. The day I log off my MT job for good, I am going to take myself and a good friend out for steaks and maybe a vodka martini and say, "Free at last, free at last, thank heavens, I am FREE at last!"

We need FB "LIKE" buttons! - long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Love your daddy's philosophy!

It's really sad to see all the negative and hateful posts on this. - If this did get going and get positive results SM

[ In Reply To ..]
All you negative people would break your necks to jump on that bandwagon and pat yourselves on the back for your hard work and dedication to the cause.

That's sad.

But cant you see? Pay is never going to go back up! - Used to pay premium dollar for :SM

[ In Reply To ..]
VHS players and then DVD players but cost came down and it is never going to go back up. (Thought a shopping example might be easier to understand) Our pay is going to go down til industry is paying one low rate no matter what country you live in. They want to pay lowest rate possible and they dont care who does it. And as long as there is OS, all US MTs can go on strike, there will still be OS to do wht work. In fact, a US MT strike will probably just get pay to that lowest rate quicker.

You obviously can't see, either. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Oh please. You couldnt even back up your post with - a comment? Why bother? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Concerns group-BJ - LA

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you BJ and so do a lot of other people.

careful - no redirecting MTs here

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a board policy that you cannot redirect MTs to another website.

Similar Messages:

CONCERNS
Mar 15, 2010

You all need to contact your state senators, govenor, Geraldo at Fox News, CNN, the White House directly, etc....something, anyone. TELL them that you have concerns with medical reports being transcribed outside of the country.  1.  Our paychecks are going down because of it--because no matter the cost of living here, as long as Pakistan or where ever it is being done at does it for less, where do you think they will go?  Meanwhile, we will either have to stick with it and learn ...

I E-mailed My Concerns....sm
Dec 04, 2014

and I suggest you all do too. To your TSM. Allow some time for answers; however, I would keep e-mailing/calling and don't let up. Besides it might be slightly illegal is the fact that it isn't fair. When I get some answers I will relay them on here for you all. Please e-mail as well and ask. We need to be proactive. There is some unfair stuff going on and I didn't go to school and work doing this for 12 years now for some company to do this to me. I feel we are all worth way more ...

Normal Templates - Concerns (sm)
Nov 30, 2012

We are inundated with sloppy dictators, perhaps the ones that can't use VR. We know how much they hate to dictate repetitive ROSs and PEs, thus they love using templates, or paragraphs from previous reports. Does anyone else note a lot of doctor errors in using these methods, i.e. racing through and not changing all the template details? I have found that NPs and female doctors are able to multitask and get this right, but the only males that can do this are the older ones who have a lot o ...

Please Everyone, Voice Your Concerns To Your Abbreviation! We Are Being (sm)
Oct 29, 2013

abused and set up to fail.  They increase our requirements, lower our pay, take away benefits, we meet the standards and they will increase them again.  Pretty soon we all will be paying them to work here.  This has really got to stop.  Yes, I am looking for other employment so please don't just tell me to quit.  I am just hoping everyone is speaking up to their abbreviation and letting them know how impossible this job is getting.  I know i ...

CERTIFICATION QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
Apr 09, 2014

I have questions/concerns regarding becoming a Registered and/or Certified Healthcare Documentation Specialist (formerly known as Medical Transcriptionist). I have been a medical transcriptionist/editor for 14 years and never took the time to prepare for and take the exam to become certified. I have been reviewing items on the AHDI website and would like some feedback regarding the benefits of becoming certified and/or if you feel it is necessary. Also, if there are other organizations that o ...

ATBE Treatment - Concerns Knee - Sm
Feb 03, 2010

This patient has had a right TKR. She had a revision after. Then, the dictator dictates the patient had: Right knee hardware removal secondary to infection in 2000 with right knee replacement after s/l ATBE treatment? Any ideas? Can anyone tell me what it stands for? Thanks bunches! ...

My Group
Jan 29, 2015

I guess I'm the only one working in my group.  My volumes keep going up instead of down.  I'm only 1 person! Get with it folks! ...

Hey - If You Are In BR's Group
May 14, 2015

You can swap out your Memorial Day scheduled hours for Sunday, Thursday or Friday. Just a head's up!! ...

Group B Strep Or Group B Strep?
Jan 08, 2010

which is correct- group B strep or Group B Strep? thanks ...

Moretti Group
Feb 16, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company?  I looked through the archives and couldn't find anything.  Thanks for any information. ...

May 1st.....FB Group Post
Apr 29, 2012

Not that it'll make a difference, but I posted https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=443628018984857&id=337068492974144&notif_t=feed_comment ...

MT Group India
Jun 19, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of MT Group India ?  I was contacted by them and I was wondering if this was a legit company. ...

MT India Group
Dec 11, 2012

I would highly recommend the medical transcription community, as well as the physicians of the United States stay away from this company.  I will not post any further info here.  If you have a complaint against these people, PM me privately. ...

How Do You Get A Transfer To Another Group?
Mar 13, 2013

It is just getting worse and worse. I work Th - Fri, and there isn't even any work on Sat and Sun! I hate giving up my weekend for naught. Fri is the only day I have been getting work. My TSM never answers my emails or phone calls. I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking to be moved to a group with work. After all, MM is hiring. ...

Got A Group E-mail From
Apr 07, 2013

and I thought it was going to be about the layoffs and some reassurance or warning, but it was about what all she was doing this weekend. ...

If You Were In The Group That Came Over From FutureNet
Oct 02, 2013

and you haven't checked your pay stub yet...boy are you in for a surprise!  ...

Has Anyone Ever Taken The Big Group Test
Feb 27, 2014

I've got one coming up, and have no idea what type of things are going to be on it.  The pay is good at this potential job, so I have a feeling the questions are going to be a bit beyond my scope. ...

Really?? Am I The Only One Working In My Group?
Jul 10, 2014

Really???? Dictation by a particular doctor who drives my count into the toilet and always has really long reports came up at about the time I was going to take my dinner break. Of course it was long, so I decided it was too long to wait. I come back 45 minutes later, and I get the exact same job. Really??? I usually get many of his jobs because I work the night shift and so does he. But really???? ...

Anyone Info. On E-transcription Group?
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Group Health Insurance For MT's?
Jun 14, 2010

Is there a group that gives health insurance to MT's on a group rate?  Frustrating to be self-employed and not get a "group rate" .  Ideas please? ...

Webmedx Support Group. Nm
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Venture Resources Group?
Feb 01, 2011

I received a W2 from a company called Venture Resources Group, LLC, and I have no clue who they are! I worked for a bunch of companies in 2010 and I'm not sure which this is as it's not the direct name of any of them. Tried to contact an obscure phone number to no avail. Anyone have a clue about this place? ...

DSG (Documentation Service Group)
Apr 01, 2011

Any current info on this comopany?   Thanks! ...

Oh Crap, Group Transcription, Now What?
May 05, 2011

My company just told me they were trying to bring on some projects where there would be multiple people speaking, like in a conference/meeting, about healthcare. They said they wanted me to transcribe it and to include time stamps every 5 minutes. How do you keep track of who is speaking? Sometimes trying to keep up with 1 mubbling doctor is hard enough, but now 5+ people? Is there some program or something I can get that will automatically put in timestamps, or am I going to have to keep lookin ...

AMCE Physicians Group
May 18, 2011

Has anyone worked for ACME Physicians Group out of Utah? ...

A Coworker Speaking For The Group
Jun 01, 2011

At almost everyone of our weekly meetings there is a coworker who complains about everything.  She is never happy and monopolizes each and every meeting.  I know she doesn't speak for me, not sure about everyone else, but she speaks up as though she has conferenced with us all and that we are all in agreement.  How do I politley tell her to stop whining unless she specifically speaks for herself?  I am happy with my job, my pay rate, my hours.........everything that ...

Documentation Services Group
Sep 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me what this company is like to work for?  I don't find anything in the archives, and they have a position posted on the job board.  I'd like to know how they pay, if they have steady work, what platform they use, etc.  Also, do they have straight transcription in addition to VR?  TIA ...

My Group Is Starting DQ7 Tomorrow. There Goes...smg
Apr 18, 2012

my line count, glug, glug down the crapper.  Have gone over the tutorials about a dozen times, but there are sooo many changes, the main one being in the appearance of the screen.  Also, some key commands stay the same, some now do something totally different, plus there are new ones.    I am sure not looking forward to tomorrow.  ...

Too Much Talk Of Striking Lately, But Can We As A Group Of MTs
May 10, 2012

Let's face it, striking will do no good.  Complaining about off-shoring has done no good, unless that will cease at a national level for all industries.  Complaining about pay is doing no good, since there is always an MT that will take a job at any rate.  What can we do? What if instead of a strike, all MTs did only the minimum line requirement for a week?  I think many, many MTs should go the Labor Board and file a complaint: If a company requires you to clock in an ...

Johnson Medical Group
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of Johnson Medical Group.  They guarantee you have a job once you take tests and are up to par on their expectations.  You have to pay $295.00 for their materials and training.  It's an IC job, so I would have to invest in hardware for my computer too because the companies I worked for before furnished equipment.  I tried to look up reviews of them on the Internet but could not find any. ...