A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Disappointment in Allied Medical School - Anonymous

Posted: Jan 25, 2010

I am so deeply disappointed in Allied Business School/Medical School.

I am so deeply disappointed in AIM/**** who never

lived up to her end of a business deal.

I have wasted so much time and money

in attempting to become a Medical Transcriptionist.

I'd rather clean toilets.

Anonymous

**** Do not identify individuals. Moderator ****

disappointment - soon2bMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry to hear that! A few years ago I went to a community college and did their MT program. This was also a waste of time and money. I know how you feel!

After realizing that, I went to M-TEC, and that was a good decision.

Are you not able to find a job?

I cannot believe your reply! Are you kidding me? ..sm - unbelievable

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really think that this will comfort the OP? Telling her that she will be in a better position if she enrolls in M-TEC, pays $ 5,000.-- and maybe, maybe, maybe then she will finally get hired?
And the last sentence in your post: "Are you not able to find a job?" How ridiculous or sarcastic is that?
BTW, M-TEC has lost its lustre. You are a bit behind in the news.

I could not agree more with the OP!

Really? I thought the sun rose and set on M TEC. - what happened

[ In Reply To ..]
In all seriousness, I hadn't heard anything.
go further down on this board to the date 01/21/10 and read... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Found it...thanks - what happened
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
YW - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I could not find anything in the Archives about M-TEC, strange.. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

unbelievable - why so rude

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not tell the OP to enroll at M-TEC. I told her what I did after the disappointment with the MT course I took at a local college!!

I also was wondering WHY the OP was disappointed; therefore, I asked if she had trouble finding a job. The OP did not mention why he or she is disappointed. Hello??!!
yes, she did mention why she is so disappointed - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I quote:

"I have wasted so much time and money
in attempting to become a Medical Transcriptionist."

She had MT schooling and went through an AIM program, both were disappointing to her as, till now, she did not get hired.

Maybe it was my mistake, sometimes one misreads the tone of the comment, sorry!

isn't that just a little - - - over the top?

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't hear her as ridiculous or sarcastic. Like transcription, it's all in the "ear" of the beholder.
true, sometimes one mishears the tone of the comment! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

allied medical school - mrs.c

[ In Reply To ..]
I just found this site today & read the post about allied I purchased there MT program and I am now nervous about it. Does anyone else have any advice on Allied?
Advice on Allied - kimba2
[ In Reply To ..]
If you just recieved all the stuff, I'd send it back. I think you have like 30 days or something. I'm currently at Allied, about 75% finished, and I'd say just go through a different program. I'd look into a different field all together, BUT if you are dead-set on MT, go to Andrew's. Like I said before, I'm not 100% unhappy with Allied, but I think strictly for the reputation of Andrew's, they'd be a better choice/investment. I really wish I would've done more research myself :( I'm still going to go and get registered and apply for jobs (not just at-home)but I've already re-enrolled in the LPN program at my school, so I can eventually do the bridge to RN. Best of luck! Don't be nervous. I would SINCERELY urge you to go through a different MT program though, and this is coming from a current Allied student.

student? - ggmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Your ID makes it sound like you're still a student. I hate to break it to you, but M-Tec was a waste of time and money for me, and I'm not the only one saying so. No one is waiving that experience requirement just for being an M-Tec graduate. I don't know if they used to, but they sure as heck aren't doing it now.

M-Tec - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
The jury is still out on M-Tec. About a year or so ago it was sold to Webmedx, and the school's founders left. Needless to say, it's not the same school that it was. The only thing that is undisputed fact is that the tuition went up dramatically and the program was shortened. I don't know anything about whether the quality of the program has changed. Time will tell, but if I were looking for a school now, I would go with Andrews, who has probably the best name and reputation out there. Actually, I probably wouldn't go into MT at all at this point.

Back when I graduated from M-Tec almost 5 years ago, companies DID waive the experience requirement for M-Tec grads. I was hired by a large national before I even graduated or had even started looking. They called ME and offered me a job to start immediately on graduation and at a very decent line rate. Unfortunately, those days are gone. It has become very tough to get started as a new MT, and I feel for the new grads struggling to get a break.
M-Tec in the past - ggmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for mentioning your experience. I think the big problem is that M-Tec is still using old information from 2004 and 2005 to say they have a huge placement rate and companies waive the experience requirement.

They're still saying these things which are patently untrue, plus they started an advertising campaign to get more students. I think that is a BAD sign.
M-Tec-LK - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your perspective.

I want to develop as an new MT,
and feel misguided by the glossy
web pages and their promises.

Can't afford to find another dead end.

Thanks for telling it like it is.

Anonymous
M-Tec-LK-Anonymous - Old MTSO
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been in this business for over 40 years. In my opinion, the best school of all is Andrews. You could not make a better investment for your money in terms of knowledge gained and quality of teaching. And no, I am not now nor have I ever been affiliated with Andrews. I AM a big fan of their grads because they are able to hit the ground running and do not need a lot of hand-holding on the job.

ALLIED MEDICAL SCHOOL - Lillisa

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, am a graduate of Allied Business school's Medical transcription program. They told me I wouldn't have a problem getting a job b/c companies would waive the experience requirement. They also convinced me to sign up for their Job assistance program, which would help me look for work after I graduated the course....low and behold, I have been graduated for 4 1/2 months now, and still have no job. Not only that, but the only the time the job assistance people get in touch with me is when I call them and find out what happens next. I don't feel that they have been very helpful to me in looking for a job, nor do I feel like the program was worth the investment. At this point, I am thinking I am not going to get a job no matter how many resumes I send out.

Allied Medical School/disappointment - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your reply.

I feel less alone in this turbulent time in MT.

I don't think Allied should make all the claims they do. And I feel they should implement an internship program that is part of Allied.

I feel disappointed, but am not giving up. I've invested a lot of effort and $$$ in my 2nd career. I'm not giving up yet.

Blessings,

Anonymous

Allied Business School - KSullivan

[ In Reply To ..]
To all who have tried and "failed" with Allied, I feel your pain. I also took the course via Allied, graduated back in March of 2009 and STILL have no job to speak of. They send me an e-mail from time to time telling me that they've sent out my resume to several companies, but that's about it. When I asked my "career advisor" about most jobs wanting 2 yrs experience, she told me to apply anyhow because as an Allied graduate you are supposed to have the equilvalent of such experience. (what a joke) Following her advice, I did as told and do you know what kind of replies I received? "Call us back when you have your 2 years of experience." Nice, eh?

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Ever Gone Through Allied School For Coding? Other School Recommendations?
Jun 24, 2014

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone through Allied School in California for billing & coding.  If so, how was your experience?  Were you able to find work in coding after finishing the course and getting your certification?  I have been a medical transcriptionist for the past 10-11 years and am now looking at getting into coding.  My best friend and I are going to take a course together.   If you wouldn't recommend Allied as a school, who would you reco ...

Has Anyone Gone To Allied For MT School?
Dec 31, 2009

Just wondering if anyone went to Allied Medical Schooling for MT and how they liked it? How did you do and if you felt prepared for work after getting done with it? I just want to know how others done with it and how they liked it? ...

MT Course At ALLIED Med School
Jan 23, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about Allied Medical School's Medical Transcription course? They are approved by AHDI, the price is reasonable (not cheapest but not most expensive) and the course includes a laptop, CD materials and actual textbooks(unlike CareerStep that provides photo copies). I want to get started on my schooling but I want to make the best choice I can. Any info/feed back would be greatly appreciated. ...

What Allied Medical Schools Told Me... Is THIS True?
May 12, 2010

A representative from Allied Medical Schools told me this:   Our program is designed to prepare you for not only the career, but also for the AAPC’s CPC-A exam which is the first certification you can obtain as a new medical coder. The AHIMA certification requires a degree program that usually takes about 2 years to complete and to pursue that, you must already have your CPC-A certification. Some employers may ask for a AHIMA cert but there are plenty of employers that do not and th ...

Medical Transcription Course At A State University And A Med Terminology Class For MTs Thru Allied?
Jul 14, 2011

I planned on going this route in order to obtain a job as an MT. Do you think this is feasible? I would also be purchasing plenty of dictation practice materials. (Practice, practice, practice!!) Thanks in advance for your input!   ...

Wow, What A Disappointment I Have Had. I Thought That I Had (sm)
May 27, 2011

found a really decent company to work for as an IC only to finally receive the "offer" this morning.  It is .06 CPL and .03 for VR and that is with 25 years experience.  Again, this is as an IC!  Sickening, just sickening.  And the search continues .... ...

Best School To Go To For Medical Billing
Jan 25, 2013

I currently am working at a nursing home as the office manager and the company is wanting to bring the billing inhouse, having me do it. I have done some billing in the past, but would definitely need a refresher! Thanks in advance! ...

Medical Transcription School Recommendations?
Jun 22, 2010

I am very interested in narrowing down my current work experience and specializing in one field.  I have no idea on what school I should go with for a CMT diploma/certificate.  Can anyone guide me or have any great experiences with a school?  I am looking for an online school if they are worth paying the money.  This field would be fairly new to me so I need a full course of all the necessary and required courses to be marketable to a new company for job placement.  Thanks for any suggestio ...

Medical Transcription - Good School ?
Sep 12, 2010

Hi. i    want to know if anyone    know  of a good school for medical  transcription   i've been looking online but  don't knoe what  school to choose. I want a school that have internships.  Thanks! ...

What Is Best Medical Transcription School Online
Nov 27, 2011

Hi, I would like to know what is the best online medical transcription school. Thanks in advance for reply. dce ...

Andrews School And Medical Coding
Jul 29, 2012

Andrews School and Medical Coding.  Is this a good program. ...

Medical Transcription School - Reputable And Not A Rip-off?
Feb 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me which MT schools are reputable and not a rip-off?  I'm asking for a friend who is interested in getting into the field.  I started so many years ago that I've never had to get certified, so would appreciate any info.  Thanks! ...

Good Medical Coding School
Jun 13, 2013

Hi, does anyone out there know of good medical coding schools, either in school or online, perferrably online.  Heard of The Andrews School?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Minny ...

Mommy Jobs Online A Disappointment
Sep 08, 2013

I recently participated in an online job fair hosted by MJOL, who implied that their leads were more numerous than I could find on job boards online.  The "fair" started late, and ended early which miffed me as I had paid $50 for an hour.  I got a list of companies "currently" hiring, some with phone numbers.  I applied to every single one I qualified for and I either was told they were NOT hiring or I heard nothing at all other than a nibble about doing some other work for one.&n ...

Medical Transcription School Has Left Me A Little Unnerved
Feb 14, 2010

I recently had an experience with an MT school that has left me a little unnerved.  Therefore, I have a couple of questions for those who are currently attending school or have completed an MT program.  Were you provided statistics about the number of actual graduates?  Schools can have a lot of enrollees but it’s my opinion that the number of actual graduates matters. Were you provided any information about the qualifications of your instructors?  My next question is for the experienced M ...

Medical Transcription School - Penn Foster ?
Jan 02, 2011

I am new to this site. I am thinking about training to become a MT but very confused about schools I have checked on. The school I am leaning towards is Penn Foster, but the price is much cheaper than all the others. I want to get all I can from the course. If anyone has done the MT course with them let me know what you thought about it. Thank You ...

Finding An Online Medical Transcription School To Go To
Aug 09, 2011

ok so i really need some help. I want to be a mt but i'm having a hard time finding an online school to go to. Just when i think i've picked one, i see a bunch of bad reviews for it or that it isn't really accredited. Also, i was wondering if you really get paid as much as it says on the internet.. ...

I Am Too Old To Start The Andrew's School For Medical Coding
Feb 07, 2012

Dear Friends: I am 55 and I am a transcriptionist of almost 11 years and I want to switch carreers and am choosing medical coding and want to enroll in the Andrew's School.  Do you think I am too old to start a new career? I do not think so, but I would like some thoughts. I am healthy and I know I can do it.  Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.  Fondly, Suzie ...

Going Back To School And Getting Certified As A Medical Assistant
Mar 24, 2014

I have been in the field of Education for 23 yrs and have been an Administrator for the past 13. Due to the economy,  schools would rather hire those with no experience and pay them less than seasoned veterans like myself. I have 2 in college and a 10yr old I adopted at birth so I am far from retirement. I am considering going back to school and getting certified as a Medical Assistant (which would include Phlebotomy and X-ray tech) and Medical Billing/Coding or Transcription. I am currently un ...

Who Would Have Copy Of Medical Transcription Certificate School Closed
Apr 12, 2010

Hi, I need my transcription certificate from Tennessee Career College which I graduated from in 2006. The school is now closed and I have misplaced original certificate. Who would have a copy of that. The Dept of Education? Thanks Lesnbek ...

Is There Any Prerequisite For The Andrews School Medical Coding Program
May 11, 2010

do they include anatomy? ...

Is At Home Professions A Good School For Medical Transcription?
Jan 25, 2011

Is At Home Professions a good school for medical transcription?  I read that it is not AHDI certified.  What does that mean? ...

YOU Went To Medical School, I Didnt Fill In My Blanks I Leave
Mar 11, 2012

Cant believe the crap they are dictating today..Must be the solar flare.  they make up drug names that could be one of maybe 3 possibilities..Im pretty sure I know which they need but Im not the DOCTOR,,I just play one on the computer..Im leaving the blanks let them figure it out..Do your jobs correctly for a change..Kind of makes you scared to ever have to go to a hospital for anything. ...

I Will Be 56 Tomorrow And I Would Like To Attend The Andrew's School For Medical Coding
Aug 27, 2012

Dear Friends: My name is Suzie and tomorrow I will be 56.  I would like your opinions as to whether you think I am too old to start studying for a new career in medical coding.  I 100% sure that I want to attend the Andrew's School for Medical Coding.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for 11 years having attended M-TEC and I love this profession, but I see that the career is shrinking and there are less opportunities.  I think my background as a transcriptionist wo ...

Bus Driver Said She Graduated From Medical Billing/coding School
Sep 25, 2012

and the reason she's driving a bus is because she hasn't been able to find a job as a coder since graduation. I asked her if she took her certification exam yet, and she said no. I didn't say anything but maybe this is the reason why she hasn't gotten hired yet. ...

I Want Your Opinion About Career Step Online Medical Transcription Course Or Any Other School Which
Jan 19, 2011

can anybody tell me about good online medical transcription school. ...

I Am Putting In My Paperwork For The Andrew's School For Medical Coding And I Am Nervous
Oct 01, 2013

Hi Friends: My name is Suzanne and I am sending in my paperwork to enroll in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding and I am nervous.  I am nervous because I do know I can do it, but what about my age of 57.  I am too old for studying for this field?  I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for 12 years and I am a fast thinker and learner and I know I can do it, but what about the Affordable Care Act and the jobs being outsourced like medical transcription. Can you ...

Allied
Apr 23, 2010

I have been doing due diligence & am disappointed to find so many negatives about Allied. I don't understand why this program, that appears to be considered substandard in the industry, was approved. I have completed a local program that was fine for what it provided, but I feel & know that I need more. I want the next step to be the final step. Nobody wants to do 3 programs! I hear those who talk about cost. However, there are many considerations when choosing. Not everyone can af ...

Allied Program
Apr 22, 2010

Has anyone here completed the Allied program? I'd appreciate hearing about your experience, any job assistance they may provide, & whether you'd make the same choice if you could do it again. Thanks! ...

NEWBIE FROM ALLIED
Apr 26, 2010

I am about to complete my course with ALLIED MEDICAL SCHOOLS, but I'm running into the same problems with companies not wanting to hire newbies.  EVERYONE is wanting 2+ yrs experience.  I didn't take this course to work at a hospital, I took it to work from home.  Now I'm finding everyone telling me to find a local job to gain the experience I need to land an MT company job.  I am so worried I have made the wrong decision to do this and now will have to go back ...