A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Copying text - Help

Posted: Aug 16, 2012

I switched computers about a week ago.  Since then, I have been unable to copy text within the same document on Escription.  Can someone please help me with this?

Copying text - The Avon Lady

[ In Reply To ..]
I had this happen to me a while back and when I emailed someone, I was kind of scolded about it. We are not supposed to have that option, BUT, if all else fails, you can highlight the word, ctrl C for copy, ctrl V for paste and ctrl X for cut within the same document. Hope this helps.

Or you can highlight text, put into autocorrect in the With box. - Put XXX in replace with box. In SM

[ In Reply To ..]
document, put XXX and it should type in the text you needed to copy and move. Basically, just use the autocorrect option to move text.

Autocorrect - The Avon Lady

[ In Reply To ..]
What a good idea. I use autocorrect for anything I can, don't know why I didn't think of it. :)

Help, my region canceled the ability to copy text from old - reports--risk management since

[ In Reply To ..]
it CAN lead to aberrant text left in a document. No increase in line rate to compensate for how much this slows us down, of course. In all these years I've never been contacted about a problem arising from this, and I question whether the risk is big enough to justify the damage to our paychecks, but callous indifference to the needs of others is the name of the game today.

Could you do a screen shot? There has to be a way to do - it other than the usual way. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

we aren't allowed to copy - from escription samples anymore either

[ In Reply To ..]
We were also told that this is due to risk management and the errors this has caused. So when you blank something and get a QA smart remark back that that entire mumbled paragraph was found in the physician samples, you are to go back and forth and type it up, no more copying. We cannot screen shot ours, if somebody else can thats great. We were also told to make our own templates (on our own time of course) in word with these difficult speakers, but we are not allowed to have word open while editscript is open...so tell me what would be the point there? Again, working for free, don't you just love it!!

I know this is possible for everyone but I work with a laptop - and a PC. One has Ediscript open SM

[ In Reply To ..]
and that is what I work out of. The other has the website open so I can search and then just type into the document what I am reading on the PC.
Is NOT possible. Geesh - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why cant you do the Autocorrect thing for all these problems? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Put thos PE into autocorrect, replace with something like Dr.X PE. Seems like it should work.

Just how does it lead to aberrant text in the document? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have worked in Word based platforms before and while you did have - to pay attention and double-check SM

[ In Reply To ..]
everything was as it should be, c&p was never a problem. The biggest problem I found was if I had a Word Document open and the platform hiccuped, I would lose the Word document. And I had to have the Word document open to document lines, so if I lost it, too bad, so sad. Learned real quick to save after each job.

I think MTSO just makes the no c&p a rule across the board so they dont have to worry about those for whom speed is everything, accuracy be danged. There is probably no way they can know this is going on except by catching a mistake now and then.

Copying from old document in EditScript - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
In the old document, highlight text and then right click and copy. When you put cursor in document you are working on use ctrl V. This worked tonight for me.

Similar Messages:

Copying ESP
Dec 31, 2009

I use Dictaphone ExText at work and want to copy the ESP from it onto anothercomputer. Somebody told me that I need to have the ExText  in order to do this.  My question is, . . where do I get it?  Can I buy this program or download it?  I looked on Google under "Dictaphone" and couldn't find anything.  THANK's.  ...

Copying ESP Onto Another Computer
Dec 30, 2009

Can anybody tell me how I would go about copying my ESP onto another computer?  I copied it off my computer that uses the Dictaphone ExText program.  My question is do I need to have the ExText program to copy my ESP onto it?  Do I have to buy the ESP expander program or is it part of ExText software?   Please bear with me, . . I am completely computer stupid.  ...

Copying ESP Onto Disc
Apr 03, 2010

I'm trying to copy my ExText ESP word expander onto a disc.  Everytime I try, it says "please insert disc into drive D" even when I have one in.  Does anybody know why it won't copy?  Thank's ...

Problems With Copying And Pasting From The Net.
Dec 23, 2009

Sometimes I when I click on text to be highlighted, it won't "take" or the highlight skips all over the place. Or when I finally manage to get it highlighted on the 10th time and right click my mouse and choose copy, the highlighting disappears and I'm back to square one. (By the way, I experimented and this page is an example). Is there a trick to this?  ...

Copying Autocorrect Onto My Computer
Nov 13, 2013

I have autocorrect copied on my external hard drive.  My computer died and I have a different computer with Microsoft Word 2007.  How do I get the autocorrect entries from the external hard drive onto my new computer.   ...

Copying ESP Phrase Expander File Onto Disc
Oct 31, 2009

Does anybody know how to copy an ESP file onto a disc? ...

Copying Common In Electronic Medical Records Sm
Jan 05, 2013

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/copying-common-in-electronic-medical-records ...

Copying Word 2003 Autocorrect...but Didn't Take Addresses?
Feb 28, 2011

So, I did the whole process of copying Word 2003 autocorrect with the support.doc macro, and it worked wonderfully.  Only thing, it didn't copy any of the doc addresses I had on the original computer.  Took everything else though.  Any ideas? ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

How Do You Get Text Out From Under A
Apr 21, 2012

I can't find the directions.  xx ...

OB/GYN In Text?
Jul 17, 2014

I am typing a report where dictator is talking about the patient's ob/gyn.  How do you type this?  Ob-gyn, OB/GYN or what. It is within a line of the report, not a heading.  ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Text Size
Jan 02, 2010

I forgot the easy way to adjust text size.  Hope someone can help. Is it still possible to search for something here?  I can't find the "search" line.   ...

Text Expander..HELP!
Jan 18, 2010

I was forced to switch to Windows 7 and I found that Stedmans Smartype was no longer compatible. After shedding some tears, I am searching for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions about any medical text expanders that are good and work similar to Smartype (that work within WORD). I am currently looking at Speedtype...does anyone have any reviews on that? Thank you!! ...

Text Expander?
Apr 08, 2010

text expander? ...

Qualified Text?
May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it w ...

Disappearing Text
Jun 03, 2010

I don't know what combination of keys I hit but all of a sudden the text in front of where I am editing disappears.  What combination of keys will stop this.  I thought it was control + insert but that did not help. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...

Instant Text V Pro Help
May 08, 2011

I am having issues with linking Instant Text V Pro with eScription.  The greenlight is on saying that it is linked, but I am not able to get any of my keystrokes to work.  If anyone is familiar on how to do this please let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!! ...

Text Expander And SR
Aug 03, 2011

In school, we were given the opportunity to have a 4-month trial of Shorthand for Windows. I really enjoyed using this program and had considered purchasing an extended license for it when I become employed; however, I thought of the MT industry heading more towards SR/VR editing and wondered if having a text expander would be useful at all. Any inputs? I'm currently using Word's AutoCorrect as a substitute. ...

Best Text Expander?
Apr 09, 2012

Could anyone give me any recommendations for a good general text expander (starting an ASR job in a couple of weeks)?  I use Phrase Express right now, but I don't like some of its limitations and bugs, and customer service stinks.  I'm really interested in hearing from someone who has tried a couple and has a preference and why.   TIA! ...

Help! Anyone Using Instant Text, Etc...
May 16, 2012

This was transferred to the tech forum last night but isn't a tech question: How are MTs naming their short forms now, for example for shortform "ncat" (normocephalic atraumatic) do you use "ncat" or do you use "ncatx"? Thanks. ...

DocuScribe Text
Jun 16, 2012

Anyone know how to make the text larger in DocuScribe?  Thanks! ...

Small Text
Sep 27, 2012

Text is small.  Having a hard time seeing it.  Does anyone know how to make the text I am typing bigger?  ...

Imstant Text
Apr 01, 2013

Does anyone use instant text with EditScript or does anyone know if it works in EditScript? Thanks. ...

Instant Text 7 Pro
May 12, 2013

Is there a limit to how many entries you can put in this program?  TIA ...

ASR Starting To Text
May 13, 2013

Just typed a report where it was stated "it will be some time before the patient is ready..." ASR put "it will B some time B 4 the patient is ready..." ...