A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"aseptic appearing picture" - kc

Posted: Jan 15, 2010

Within 36 hours she developed "aseptic appearing picture?" Can't find it anywhere.

septic - just this

[ In Reply To ..]
try a septic appearing and aseptic

probably "a septic-appearing picture" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

In context it would seem to be:  "she developed a septic-appearing picture."  i.e., she appeared to be developing sepsis.

I would think that if he meant "aseptic-appearing picture," he would have said "an" before "aseptic-appearing" .. as in "she developed an aseptic-appearing picture."

(either way, you need a hyphen between 'septic/aseptic' and 'appearing')

a septic-appearing picture - kc

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I'm going with this one.

Similar Messages:

What's Wrong With This Picture?
Jun 30, 2011

I just can't understand it.  For the past 2 weeks my line counts have been slowly dropping below the 1200 daily quota.  Feeling the need to make up some lines, I crammed the work yesterday, going as fast as I can, still maintaining quality, proof reading each document, etc.  I was excited to see how much I did.  A measly 1400 lines.  What the?  It was about 1/3 straight typing, 2/3 ASR.  Even when on 100% straight typing I used to do 200+ lines p ...

Please Don't Show A Picture Of It
Apr 05, 2013

When I have to look things up, I find myself saying, "Please don't show a picture of it," i.e. Fournier's gangrene, etc.... Now we know why I did not become a doctor ...

Wrong Withi This Picture
Mar 29, 2010

I have spent hours so far this morning trying to make something intelligible out of doctors who can't speak, nurse's who are apparently unqualified to dictate a medical report, and ASR which can't understand any two words in a row ------ but I AM THE ONE WHO IS ALWAYS GETTING SCRUTINIZED, AUDITED, AND TRYING TO BE REPLACED?  The MT is the overpaid unnecessary link in this chain? ...

Something Wrong With This Picture: For Several Weeks
Dec 20, 2011

been running out of work consistently (about 3 days a week).  Turned in my notice Friday.  Had plenty of work yesterday.  Ran out today and guess what?  They assigned me a new account.  Why couldn't they have done that weeks ago when I was running out of work so much?  Kinda' crazy! ...

Help With Appearing
Sep 05, 2010

How transcribe 1 cm appearing mass? ...

Well-nourished-appearing??
Jun 05, 2012

On exam, the patient is healthy and well-nourished-appearing? or well-nourished appearing? ...

Nontoxic Appearing Or Nontoxic-appearing
Jul 28, 2014

Is it nontoxic-appaering or nontoxic appearing..... hyphen or no hyphen??? ...

Natonic Appearing Esophagus?
Feb 22, 2011

s/l natonic Does anyone know what else it could be or if I'm spelling it wrong?  No obvious esophageal lesions were found.  She does have a somewhat dilated (natonic) appearing esophagus, but I suspect she simply has a low-grade motility disorder associated with her age.  Thanks ...

S/l Senile-appearing Endometrial Lining
Jun 15, 2011

HYPHEN - Appearing Ovarian Cyst
Aug 22, 2012

Is simple appearing ovarian cyst hyphenated after the word simple?  ...

Has Normal Appearing Lids, S/l Sarine, Conjunctiva
Jan 13, 2010

On physical exam, doc states: Has normal appearing lids, s/l sarine, conjunctivae. what is s/l sarine? ...

Hyphen With Any Word Preceding "appearing"
Aug 24, 2010

Can anyone ACCURATELY and CORRECTLY answer this question? With any word preceding "appearing", do we always hyphenate, i.e. normal-appearing? Thanks for your reply.     ...

Webmedx Staff Just "appearing"
Sep 12, 2010

I am seeing LOTS of new names in QA and also a new STM.  My question is this - why are these openings not posted so that all can have equal opportunity for compete for one of these positions?  Is this even legal?  I know it is not ethical, but not sure about the legality.  ...