A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recently Hired as IC For Transcription Doctor's - smeeps

Posted: Apr 14, 2012

Really looking forward to getting my foot in the door and would appreciate info.  Laughing

smeeps - lollie

[ In Reply To ..]
"Really looking forward to getting my foot in the door and would appreciate info."

Advice? Wear steel-toed shoes

what does"getting my foot in the door mean? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mean you are a new MT and this is your first MT job?

not a newbie. - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Foot in the door - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
It means taking a job, not necessarily the job you had in mind, maybe something entry level, to become established, learn the ropes and hopefully move into a position you want if the opportunity becomes available. I don't know if it would apply to an MT job unless you wanted to move into QC or management.

Not that anyone cares, but... - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
Sent all my paperwork in and haven't heard a peep. Oh well....{sigh}
Started Today and....... - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
yes, it wouldn't be a job to pay bills with. But, if what I have done, so far, is what will be every day, for extra money in my pocket, it's a no-brainer. Sure there may be taxes to pay on the income, but the only two true things in life are death and taxes. I've already cheated death once, so I'll take the taxes. Cheer up everyone, life is all what you make of it. Take care and I wish all of you love, health & success in your lives :)

Similar Messages:

LANDMARK TRANSCRIPTION - Recently Hired Anyone?
Nov 01, 2013

Any MT's out there who have recently been hired by Landmark TS in Pennsylvania to transcribe for its new account? If so, what have you experienced so far in terms of management, type of work, etc.? As a recent new hire, I've found there exists a handful of dictators who consistently turn out muffled, tinny audio and/or speech that is all but incomprehensible. Yet, when I have pointed this out to the supervisor, she insists that I am alone in this complaint as QA seems to have n ...

Anyone Recently Hired On At Clear Choice Transcription?
Jul 26, 2012

Have you actually started working yet or received training? ...

Who Has Recently Been Hired By Nuance?
Mar 26, 2012

I would like to know who was just recently hired and how was your experience?   I for one have been hired and am not able to start until my computer meets their requirements.  So I had to put in more memory and also bring my Microsoft Word up-to-date -- 2007.  Just hope this was worth the expense.  For some reason, I have a bad feeling about the job itself.   Hopefully my fears are wrong.  Let me know what you think.   ...

Rezziliant - Has Anyone Been Recently Hired By This Company?
Feb 15, 2012

Has anyone been recently hired by this company?  If so, I would  love some information about them.  Thanks in advance.     ...

Anyone Recently Hired By DTS? Have Things Improved? Old Posts Not Positive. NM
Apr 06, 2013

. ...

Is InScribe LLC, Kentucky Changing; Anyone Recently Apply Or Been Hired Who Has Years Of Experience;
May 11, 2011

Okay, I know InScribe LLC (Kentucky) has been on the Boards multiple times (at least monthly, if not weekly, it seems), but I just noticed they have a “Premium” ad at the top of the Job Seeker’s Board.  I guess these “Featured Listings” are not free, as the other listings are.  If I remember correctly, most of the posts on the Boards have been by Newbies, because InScribe evidently is one of the few MTSOs that hire new graduates.  However, it appear ...

Has Anyone Been Hired By Transcription South...sm
May 23, 2011

for the salaried QA positions and, if so, how has it been working for them?  ...

PRN Military Transcription - Did Anyone Recently Go To Work For This Company?
Mar 24, 2011

Did anyone recently go to work for this company?  They had an ad posted a few weeks ago and I would like to know how you like it there.  Are you able to make a decent paycheck?  How are the dictators (ESL ???), etc.  Would appreciate any info you would care to share.  Thank you. ...

The Transcription Doctor
Feb 28, 2010

Unbelievable.  They just sent a ton of attachments.  No inservice on the "particulars" when you're filling out the demographic screen, just a TON of instructions without answering any questions.  You watch the video on escription, download it, and then you're suppose to be good to go.  Forget it. ...

The Transcription Doctor - Any Info?
Oct 24, 2010

Hi everyone!  Can anyone tell me about The transcription doctors company?  Do they pay on time?  Do they do direct deposit? Thanks ...

Transcription Positions In A Doctor's Office
Jun 19, 2013

Is it impossible to find a position as a transcriptionist in a doctor's office. I have had no luck at all since I have been a transcriptionist. I have been a transcriptionist for 23 years and nothing from a doctor's office ever. ...

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

For All The MTs Who Have Recently Been Let Go, Can You
Nov 05, 2012

please post how much you got paid per line.  I think that really is why you all were let go because you made too much per line.  We can narrow it down to that if you would all post how much you made.  Thanks ...

Recently!
May 25, 2013

raise! Hopefully it's across the board! ...

NJA Recently?
Apr 11, 2014

Just wondering how the NJA problem is since 60 of us have moved on.  We've had 2 new ILP accounts to QA (which are horrible) and 1 group hospitals that have come back from ILP land, but only recieved a small handful of MTs to compensate.  My BOB has been swamped for the past week with late jobs every night.  My TSM says that her manager said that there isn't anybody who can help out.  I was just wondering if he/she is just too lazy to actually look.  I know the ...

Will I Get Hired?
Sep 06, 2010

I have a question for all MedQuist MTs . . . I called them and was told that I qualified and passed MedQuist's test. That was about a week ago. I was told that I am still being "considered" and "reviewed." One recruiter told me that it would just be a matter of time before they could get through all of the paperwork. Another recruiter simply told me my file was still being "reviewed." What does this mean? Does MedQuist always offer jobs to those that pass their testing? Or is it possible t ...

Just Got Hired!
Sep 27, 2011

I am told that I just got hired by Nuance.  Am interested in what people have to say about the company.  I have read that the first part of this month, they were running out of work.  If so, do they really need me? Also, am interested in insurance costs?  Some straight answers would be most appreciated. Thanks, Charlie ...

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Get Hired On With
Nov 14, 2011

Accentus.  They loaded some absolutely AWFUL software that has ruined my PC.  THEY will be getting a bill from me ...

Does Anyone Ever Get Hired....?
May 30, 2012

Does anyone ever get hired from these companies who are continually posting help wanted ads?!?!?  I have applied to at least 15 companies posting ads for help only to sit here waiting for at least 5 weeks, so far, for an answer to any for which I applied!  I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 20 years as well as a QA worker for over 5 years.  My resume is on par with what I consider to be some of the best, yet I never receive an answer to my applications.  I realiz ...

Too Old To Get Hired?
Jul 26, 2013

Should I stop saying I have 31 years of experience as a transcriptionist? I try not to date myself by putting dates on my resume, like when I graduated. I am 61 and will be 62 next June. I have not worked since March, but I made so little money that I get way less than 200 dollars a week from unemployment! I have applied everywhere, outside the house and inside. I have attended resume counseling at the career center, nobody is interested in helping me pay for any schooling, they change the s ...

If We Were Hired In At 98%
Apr 27, 2014

We should be grandfathered in at that rate.  Any new hire could be hired at this 99.7% bull hockey.  My vent for the day... ...

Hired Or Not
Apr 30, 2014

Why would a company tell you that they are sending you the contract, account specs, etc and then the next thing, you get an email stating that they are still reviewing resumes?  In my own stupidity I turned down a job thinking I had this one and now this.  ...

You All Have Been Hired To Put Yourselves Out Of A Job.
Sep 16, 2014

You are helping the devil train the gatekeepers of Hades!  Especially if you are an acquisition employee, you must understand your purpose is to train the front-end voice wreck for the clinic or hospital that sold your soul. They off-shore EVERYTHING left over as soon as possible, so being out of work is a condition you should expect as long as you continue to work for the very people the hospital just sold you to.   ...

Anyone Hired?
Apr 24, 2015

All the ads on the job seeker's board have hundreds and even thousands of responses.  Does anyone ever really get hired?  One of the ads wants someone to start "within the next hour," and that was a few days ago and it now has hundreds of responses.  Why is that ad still even posted?  Only rarely does a company take its ad down or post a message when positions are filled.  Do the other companies just not care?  Can it be that all those hundreds and thousands of ...

Recently Finished
Apr 29, 2011

I just recently finished my MT course through At-Home Professions and Im just waiting to hear back on my final. I feel that I have done well as far as the terminology and looking things up but Im still not comfortable with my punctuation. Does anyone have any advice? ...

To Those Who Have Recently Been Bought By MQ And Still
Dec 07, 2011

working on your accounts from your bought-out company, are you consistently running out of work? We were told things would not change for a while but I'm running out of work all the time.  I tried to apply for SUI this morning online but with this particular situation, I could not answer some questions to complete application so  I have to go down there, which I am getting ready to do.  I don't want to quit but this is getting extremely frustrating punching in and n ...

Anyone Else Experience This Recently?
Aug 31, 2012

For the past month, I've applied for an MT position with almost every MTSO who posts a job.  I've tested with all of them, and I don't get a call back. This is a new thing for me.  I've been in the industry over 20 years, have done every specialty plus QA. In the past when I've looked for a job I've found one in only one day.  What's up? ...

For Those Who Have Left Recently, Did You Get Your PTO
Nov 16, 2012

I am giving the 2 weeks' notice but I'm curious when they payout the PTO.  TIA! ...