A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need word/character counting software - jean

Posted: Jul 15, 2013

Can anyone recommend a word/character counting software? Have used Sylcount Gold IV for years but it keeps bombing on me and I have upgraded and paid countless times. The help line is of minimal help. Thanks for anyones suggestions. Jean

If you transcribe in Word...sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
there is a word counter on the Tools tab. Instant Text, which is a word expander also has a tool that will count your lines and calculate your invoices for you.

total assistant - works fine

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had it for years, changed computers and just redownload and put in the code to activate it that I have had from the start. Reasonable price too

This one works - BGR

[ In Reply To ..]
Abacus - free download. I've used this before and it's a good program.

http://abacus-se.lastdownload.com/

Similar Messages:

Free Word Counting Software
Aug 14, 2011

I recently got a new computer and don't want to re-purchase my word counting app. Anybody no a free solution? IF there's more than one option, do you know which is best? Thanks! Marty ...

Word/line Counting Software?
Jun 04, 2013

I've been using Sylcount for years, but had a computer crash and am unable to get it to work on my new windows 8 computer.  Does anyone have suggestions for other good (easy to use?) software for calculating word and line counts?  Thanks! ...

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

Counting Software?
Sep 11, 2012

I have used Abacus SE for years, but it has started messing up and is not counting all reports.  I was going to reinstall the software, but it is apparently no longer available.  Is there a good, simple-to-use line counting software that will include headers (including headers on the second page - I've found Sylcount does not do that)?  Thanks! ...

Counting Software.
Dec 01, 2014

Is there a line-counting software that is very accurate and that will count doctors individually?  I have an account with three doctors.  They require a breakdown of each doctor's amount when I bill.  I currently use FlashCount, which doesn't have this feature, unless I just cannot figure it out. ...

Is There A Counting Software That Will - Sm
Dec 22, 2014

count subfolders separately?  I need to provide a total line count for 3 doctors, but with a breakdown and separate total for each doctor.  The only software I can find does not have this feature.  I have to count each doctor separately and then manually add it up and create the invoice.  ...

Line Counting Software To Be Used With DocQscribe
Oct 22, 2009

Have any of you ever used software that counts lines produced?  If so, can it be used with DocQScribe?  And would it be able to count ASR? If you have any software names, can you provide them? I'm interested in verifying my line counts.  I don't even know if this would be worthwhile, but I'm curious. Thanks. ...

Free Line Counting Software...
Aug 29, 2011

I am looking for software that is a free download to create an invoice from a completed document…like MP Count, which is no longer free.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  I have searched Google, but have come up with only trial downloads that cost after so many days or uses. Thank you in advance :) ...

Abacus Line-Counting Software
Aug 12, 2012

I've used Abacus Line-Counting software for at least ten or 12 years.  I had to upgrade to a new computer, and I can't find the site to upgrade.  Does anyone know if the company has gone out of business or how to contact them?  If so, is there another line-counting software as good as Abacus?  (I'm now using Windows 7 and Word 2010.)  Thanks for any help you can offer. ...

Sylcount Line Counting Software
Mar 23, 2015

Sylcount is out of business evidently and when I use my line counter, it always comes up with the same count.... 1028... So, what is one to do who paid for a software program within the last 4 years but can only access that software from their server, which is no longer in existence!  ...

Line Counting Software That Works With Powerscribe
Aug 17, 2011

Does anyone know of one that accurately counts lines in Powerscribe?  Any suggestions from anyone using Powerscribe on how to get a line count? ...

Line Counting Software And Invoice Generator
Oct 11, 2014

Looking for a line counting software program that also generates invoices.  I used to use Abacus SE but it is not compatible with Windows 8 or Word 2013.  What do you use for a Windows 8 computer?  Thanks.  ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

Word Perfect 65 Character Count With Spaces
Jan 24, 2010

In Word Perfect, to count characters, you click on properties, word count, and then do you just add up the top two things, Characters and Words, taking that total and dividing by 65?  They are paying 65 character lines including spaces and I cannot remember how to do this.  I have WPX4. Thank you kindly.  ...

Being A Word Based Platform, Can't We Use Character Count
Jun 09, 2012

;) ...

Word 2010 Character Spacing Problem Question. . .
Apr 17, 2011

I now have a new computer and I am using Word 2010 to send files to the lady I work for, where I previously used Word 2003 - she says when she receives my files now the spacing between words is a lot, not normal, when it looks totally normal on my end, I don't know how to fix this, may have to go back to using the old computer and Word 2003, but that makes no sense.  Anyone know how to fix this? ...

If A MTSO Quotes A Pay Rate Based On 65 Character Per Printable Character Line...
May 20, 2010

does this mean they don't pay for spaces? TIA. ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Bulk Line Counting Program For Word Files With Protected Fields?
Apr 19, 2011

I am a medium sized MTSO looking for a bulk line counting program that will count Word files that contain protected fields. I have WordTraverse and love it but it will not count files with protected fields. I have also looked into Sylcount with no luck. I have to begin using files with protected fields to automatically upload into client EMR. ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Word Expansion Software In DQS
Mar 29, 2011

Hello, I am going to be using DocQscribe (sp?) soon and I want to know if I will be able to use my Shorthand 10 word expansion software with it.  I have been using Shorthand 10 for years and it is second nature now.  I can't imagine working without it. Thanks! ...

Word Expander Software
Jun 25, 2013

I've been using AutoCorrect as a word expander program for many years. I've started looking for word expander software, but I'm amazed at the cost of those I've seen. Anyone out there know of a good word expander that's either free or reasonably priced? ...

Word Expander Software Suggestion?
Jun 11, 2010

Can someone please recommend a good word expander program?  I am looking for something that is compatible with XP, Vista and Windows 7.  Thank you! ...

Question Of Word Expansion Software
Sep 21, 2010

Hi all, I have gotten a different computer and now have Word 7 on here as opposed to 2000.  What would be a good expansion program to cut back on keystrokes?  The techs where I work can only my dictionary compatible if I use the F3 key which is really inconvenient.  Is there another program that might be compatible with using either the space bar or enter key? ...

Word Line Count Software
Jul 25, 2011

I have been using Sylcount the past year.  If I do computer updates, which generally occur once a month, it seems to make things not work correctly.  Could you suggest other line counting software that you use, please?  I might like to switch.  Thank you. ...

Word Expansion Software Troubles
Apr 26, 2014

I have been using this possibly little-known word expansion program (Shortcut for Windows) for years now and have umpteen thousand macros in it.  I just bought a new computer and used the disc to install the program on it, but I can't get it work in Word like it did on my old computer.  I tried googling "Shortcut for Windows" to try to get in touch with the company that made the program but no luck.  Probably went out of business.  Has anyone else heard of this company o ...

Is It Efficient To Transcribe In Word, Cut And Paste Into Another Software?
Dec 12, 2009

I have always worked in Word or an equivalent of, however, I have one account in another program that does not work well with my Instant Text.  The account is actually quite good and I could produce much more if I could take advantage of some form of production software.  Has anyone worked in Word and then cut and paste the work into the software and it was successful?  I can use Instant Text, but many of the functions do not work, which only makes it more confusing whe ...

Anyone Use Magnification Software With ExText/Word Client?
May 27, 2013

I have diabetic retinopathy and need magnification assistance. Thanks! ...

Anyone Know If Word Starter 2010 Works With Softscript Software?
Jan 16, 2013

nm ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...