A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Archivus - Is their platform productive? - anxiousMT

Posted: Jul 11, 2011

Got an interview and I am so worried about their platform or platforms. I am so tired of being disappointed and unproductive on crap platforms. I have read that they are a good place to work. Would love info on that as well. Thanks!!

Platform - MTgal

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't have their own platform, but be prepared for running out of work ALL THE TIME and communication (or lack thereof) that is almost sinful to behold. Take the job if it is all you can find...

I was told the platform is transcribe plus. Not sure - anxiousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
if anyone has worked on that. I don't want communication so that's not a problem LOL. I am an IC and I can't stand being bothered with emails and IMs unless it's necessary of course. I want to work and be left alone. I can't work for just one company. I stopped doing that years ago because I have had so many accounts lost to VR. I am curious on the platform though. Never heard of it and can't find anything through Yahoo.

It's a good platform. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think most of the time it depends on what account you have, but I liked Transcribe Plus. It does what it has to do. I've used some that were horribly slow and this isn't.

While I too like to be just left alone to work, I sometimes felt they took it a little too far. There is no feedback on blanks; considering I average 1 every two months, I want to know what that is. They will occasionally issue a memo about misspelling referring physicians names, a week later followed by a memo saying not to send them to QA for the name but to figure it out ourselves, and then not provide a list for you to figure it out from; I couldn't tell you name of all the neighboring little towns around me, I sure as heck don't know them all in the clinic's area to even know where to start looking. And if you guess wrong, you will hear about it.

On the plus side, they don't do IMs and you could go weeks without hearing from them unless they're emailing about a need for extra help or to clarify holiday hours.

On the whole, though, they really do treat their ICs as ICs, which is pretty rare in these days. The platform is easy to use and doesn't bog down, and as a rule they will leave you alone to do the job.
Wow! Thanks for the info! - anxiousMT
[ In Reply To ..]
That really helps. Do you still work there?

Similar Messages:

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Dictaphone Platform - Is This Productive?
Aug 13, 2014

How productive is Dictaphone platform for line count?   ...

Any Current Info On Precyse? How About The Platform - Productive? SM
Oct 20, 2009

Also how about the benefits, especially insurance - do you feel they are a good deal for the price? Do you feel the way the PTO adds up is beneficial to the MT?  Does anyone know anything about the account that they are hiring for right now?  Thanks for anything you care to share.  ...

A Productive Morning :)
Apr 05, 2013

After working a half hour out of 2 hours of my shift, I am now sitting on the couch with my puppy leaving messages for TAA office, filing for unemployment and now talking with unemployment office while they figure out how the TAA petition works. I agree with the others who have said please call TAA.  He did not even want to know the details.  They already know what this company is doing.   ...

PScribe--What Productive Tool Is Best To Use?
Jan 21, 2011

That platform does not have a built in productive tool (expansions), and I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks. ...

Having A Wonderful, Productive Pay Period So Far.
Jul 18, 2011

About $150.00 less than it would have been.  )frown( ...

How Can I Be More Productive Using VR.... What Are The Magic Keys???
Aug 24, 2012

What are the most important things I need to know?  This will be my first time trying VR... I have tried over the years to get away from it and finally it has caught up with me.  I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. ...

Need Good Ideas On Being Productive With
Sep 14, 2012

Will be many different clinics.  I am accustomed to acute care only but this account will be about 70 percent clinic and 30 percent acute care.  TIA ...

Most Productive/popular Abbrev Expander?
Oct 21, 2009

The company I work for is changing over to ChartNet, with its ExpandText expander. I don't like that it has no way of adding/creating new shortcuts without using the mouse. The expander I use now is not compatible with ChartNet, and I'm wondering which expander is used by the majority of MTs....has no limit to the number of expansions/abbrevs it can hold, etc. Would welcome any suggestions. Thinking about Shorthand, but wondering what most MTs are using. ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Tips And Strategies To Help Stay Focused And Productive...
Apr 05, 2011

Hi all, I have to do a Powerpoint presentation this week in front of a group of MT students.  I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to share any tips or ideas that you may use that has helped you remain focused and productive while working in a home environment.  I've been an MT for over 20 years and worked from home for 14.  Other than the obvious strategies that I use like getting dressed, eating breakfast, turning the phnoe off, and dedicating workspace, I& ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

Archivus?
May 19, 2011

Wondering if there are any current Archivus MTs here that would be willing to share their experience; specifically hoping to find out if the work flow is steady, but any information would be helpful.  You can email me if you would prefer.  TIA! ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Archivus Testing
Oct 12, 2009

I am struggling with the dictation on the archivus testing.  I could only do one report with no blanks, the others are really tough.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What should I do if I cannot finish the reports or have really too many blanks? ...

Archivus Out Of Work AGAIN!!!!
Dec 01, 2009

Well, again Archivus called us off today and it looks like tomorrow we will be off again!!!  We were off this whole weekend also. This is getting really, really old!!!!!!!! Anyone else "working" for them? ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Archivus?
May 17, 2010

x ...

Anyone Have Any Scoop On Archivus
Jul 16, 2010

I have an offer with Archivus.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Are they decent to work for?  Is the account that is on ExText truly 70% ASR and 30% straight typing?  Thanks in advance ...

Transportal/Archivus
Aug 01, 2010

Does anyone know if these 2 companies are connected to each other?  Both are in Charlotte, North Carolina. ...

Archivus Cutting Pay? SM
Oct 26, 2010

Does this company hire and then after a quarterly review have QA pick your work apart and then tell you they can either terminate your contract or cut your pay.  Understand this has happened to more than one person.  Has anyone experienced this.  They told me I was doing awesome work, not they picked the work after and then tell me that in 2 weeks my contract will either be terminated or will have a reduced line rate.  This makes no sense.  I have 18 years experience.&nb ...

ETransPlus Or Archivus...
Jun 15, 2011

Any current info on either of these companies; pay, how the management treats MTs, enough work?  Trying to make a decision.  This will be my secondary MTSO - already have another full time job, just would like to have a secondary when things are slow.  I know two is going wear me out some, but it is better than the fear of going broke with only one MTSO during the slow times. ...

Question About Archivus-SM
Feb 08, 2011

Has anybody ever worked for this company and made any money:  I started out doing 100 lines per hour and almost a year later still doing the same and have put over 1000 entires into my work expander.  Still doing 100 lines per hour.  Cannot live on this.  Anyone else have this experience? ...

Archivus In Charlotte
Apr 01, 2011

Hey, does anyone know if there is something up with Archivus? Sold again? I cannot get anyone to return my calls or emails. It is worse than it has ever been. ...

Amphion And/or Archivus
May 01, 2011

Can some of you shed some light on either or both of these companies?  IC/employee, enough work, pay etc?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Heard Of Archivus?
May 04, 2011

Hi, Just wondering if anyone  has heard of a Transcription company called Archivus in Charlotte, NC. If so, please tell me about them. ...

Archivus - Anyone Ever Worked For Them Or Currently
Mar 18, 2012

Just curious. I know they mainly do clinic accounts and most positions are IC. What are they like or what was your experience? ...

Archivus And TransPortal
May 07, 2013

Can anyone tell me if Archivus and TransPortal are affiliated?   ...

Is Archivus Running Out Of Work?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone work for Archivus?  For the last couple of weeks it's becoming quite a pattern for them telling us not to log on and work until they give the okay with no explanation except that it's per the facility, usually ending up missing one or more days of work.  Not sure if they are running out of work or not.  Anyone know? ...

Job Offer From Archivus...any Information Is
Jun 07, 2010

I have been offered a job at Archivus.  Any current information on them?  TIA ...

Any Current Info On Archivus???
Jun 22, 2011

The usual...steady workload, reasonable pay, management treat MTs with respect, etc.  I haven't seen much info recently.  Any info appreciated! ...