A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PScribe--What productive tool is best to use? - sm

Posted: Jan 21, 2011

That platform does not have a built in productive tool (expansions), and I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks.

Word Auto Correct ... it interfaces with Word, right? nm - MTbell

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Word Auto Correct, is an expansion tool? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
As far as I know it interfaces with Word, the platform. Is that what you're asking?

If it's the same PScribe that I used then it's just built - MTBell

[ In Reply To ..]
into Word and you can use all the Word functions. Auto Correct is a tool built into Word that allows expansions. It's very easy to use. In Word go to Tools, Auto Correct and you'll see it. I actually have Auto Correct set as a separate tool bar so I can easily add things.
My understanding is PScribe does not have - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
a productivity tool built in. Maybe a different PScribe? They recommend using ShortCut for windows, which opens in a different window, and costs about $90. Does this sound like what you are using or is this something different. Thanks MTBell.

Similar Messages:

A Productive Morning :)
Apr 05, 2013

After working a half hour out of 2 hours of my shift, I am now sitting on the couch with my puppy leaving messages for TAA office, filing for unemployment and now talking with unemployment office while they figure out how the TAA petition works. I agree with the others who have said please call TAA.  He did not even want to know the details.  They already know what this company is doing.   ...

Archivus - Is Their Platform Productive?
Jul 11, 2011

Got an interview and I am so worried about their platform or platforms. I am so tired of being disappointed and unproductive on crap platforms. I have read that they are a good place to work. Would love info on that as well. Thanks!! ...

Having A Wonderful, Productive Pay Period So Far.
Jul 18, 2011

About $150.00 less than it would have been.  )frown( ...

How Can I Be More Productive Using VR.... What Are The Magic Keys???
Aug 24, 2012

What are the most important things I need to know?  This will be my first time trying VR... I have tried over the years to get away from it and finally it has caught up with me.  I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Need Good Ideas On Being Productive With
Sep 14, 2012

Will be many different clinics.  I am accustomed to acute care only but this account will be about 70 percent clinic and 30 percent acute care.  TIA ...

Dictaphone Platform - Is This Productive?
Aug 13, 2014

How productive is Dictaphone platform for line count?   ...

Most Productive/popular Abbrev Expander?
Oct 21, 2009

The company I work for is changing over to ChartNet, with its ExpandText expander. I don't like that it has no way of adding/creating new shortcuts without using the mouse. The expander I use now is not compatible with ChartNet, and I'm wondering which expander is used by the majority of MTs....has no limit to the number of expansions/abbrevs it can hold, etc. Would welcome any suggestions. Thinking about Shorthand, but wondering what most MTs are using. ...

Any Current Info On Precyse? How About The Platform - Productive? SM
Oct 20, 2009

Also how about the benefits, especially insurance - do you feel they are a good deal for the price? Do you feel the way the PTO adds up is beneficial to the MT?  Does anyone know anything about the account that they are hiring for right now?  Thanks for anything you care to share.  ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Tips And Strategies To Help Stay Focused And Productive...
Apr 05, 2011

Hi all, I have to do a Powerpoint presentation this week in front of a group of MT students.  I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to share any tips or ideas that you may use that has helped you remain focused and productive while working in a home environment.  I've been an MT for over 20 years and worked from home for 14.  Other than the obvious strategies that I use like getting dressed, eating breakfast, turning the phnoe off, and dedicating workspace, I& ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Dissection Tool
Feb 09, 2010

The incision was than carried down to through the skin in subcutaneous tissues and self-retaining retractors were placed while --------- used to carry out the dissection down to the spinous processes from C2-C7.   it sounds like sharpi section--but that is not correct. Any help would be wonderful thanks! ...

HELP! I Lost My Tool Bar - Sm
Mar 18, 2010

I was doing something on the internet in Explorer and I did something that made my toolbar at the bottom go away.  Can anyone help me get it back?  Thanks in advance. ...

Surgery Tool
Jul 16, 2010

s/l Wesip grasper ...

Customizable Tool Bar
May 10, 2015

I've spent days trying out "customizable" toolbars for quick access to links for MT, such as rxlist, acronyms, FDA drugs, doctor finder, etc. None of the toolbars I have tried have allowed customized links except Yahoo which is loaded with bugs and keeps deleting itself requiring re-creation every day or so.  Has anyone found a good way to create one-click links while working other than the Bookmarks? Thanks for any ideas. ...

S/l Stinsky (surgical Tool?)
Sep 09, 2010

We divided the aorta between clips. We then placed a Stinski acrossthe entire renal hilum. ...

S/l Pulmonary Tool Vent
Jun 18, 2011

Doctor is performing a median sternotomy and it s/ he says Pulmonary tool vent was placed. What could this be? Thank you! ...

Not The Sharpest Tool In The Shed
Jul 03, 2012

I can't find MModal on Facebook. The only thing I see is called MModal Recruiting. Is that the only FB page they have? Somebody said something about Indians commenting on the page and I can't find it. Wah! TIA ...

Looking For A Word Search Tool
Jun 09, 2015

When I was in school our prof gave us a link to a search site where you could enter a medical prefix or suffix, a middle letter and it would bring up a list of possibilities. My computer died and I lost it. I'm hoping someone knows the name of it. It was fabulous! ...

Dictaphone - Hit Some Keys And Now My Tool Bar Has Expanded
Nov 17, 2010

I accidently hit some keys and now my tool bar has expanded and shows  what look like editing tabs?  (speech) right. (speech) etc.   But I have no idea what I hit so I don't know how to undo.  Any ideas?   I am in Word 07.   Thank you ...

So Glad They Created Yet Another Tool To Monitor
Feb 01, 2014

every single thing we do rather than fixing the question mark problem in Fluency, or the fuzzy physician search, etc.  Sigh. ...

S/l Grade D Tool-la-gra To Help With Compression....Any Idease?
Aug 12, 2014

FIESA Quality Evaluation Tool
Feb 25, 2015

Can any one tell me where can I get this tool from? ...

Need Help With Floating Tool Bar And Smartype For EditScript Version 8
Feb 01, 2010

Hi, I have instructions for creating a floating tool bar in order to access Smartype when using version 8 EditScript, but it's not working.  Can anyone help?  Thanks. ...

Surgical Tool For Sinus S/l Curved Giraffe
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Oh Goody, Shaw Has A New Productivity Tracking Tool For Us.
Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics. ...

A Tool Providing Anonimity On Line For Those Who Are Afraid Of Retaliation
Dec 04, 2014

I have noticed that there is a lot of fear among workers here when it comes to reporting any suspected illegal or even unethical activity on the part of their employer.  Therefore, I will put you onto a tool that might help.  It's called TOR and it was developed by the US Government to help people in places like Iran post on line without fear of repercussions from oppressive governments.  This tool not only allows people to browse the Internet annonymously, it allows users to ...

How To Open "Mini Tool Bar" In Word 2007?
Mar 16, 2015

I lost my last Word 2007 CD and bought a new one.  All I want to do it change the point size.  I've searched help and Google and found no help in opening the "Mini Tool Bar"  When I select VIEW there is no drop down list.  I don't know if this is a problem with the program or why I can't locate this tool bar.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you! ...