Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Medical scribe employment.. (Views: 55)

I took a crappy 4 CPL job once. - MT3

Posted: Sep 28th, 2023 - 3:13 pm In Reply to: The wage shaming is cruel, disgusting and sickening. - Those of you who shame others, SM

I lost my contract with my nice job that I was transcribing 3000 lines per day on, making 8 CPL. I wound up taking the 4 CPL speech rec work. The result was I cut my pay in half.

So you know what I did? I spent 1 hour every day combing through the Job Seeker's Board archives on this website, seeing what companies had looked here for transcriptionists in the past and might be looking again. I spent that time sending out resumes, sending out e-mails, sending followup e-mails, getting in touch with professional contacts. Every day. I kept detailed records of every e-mail, application, and resume sent.

After 2 months that seriously sucked financially, I finally landed ONE typing job that paid 8 CPL. Then a week later, I got a SECOND one. And today, four years later, I still have those two fantastic typing jobs both paying me 8 CPL. Why? Because 4 CPL SR sucks, and I kept searching for 8 CPL TR work so I could quit the 4 CPL work. And when I finally could say goodby to that 4 CPL BS, it was the happiest day in those two months.

And do you know what would happen if I lost one or both of my 8 CPL jobs again and had to suffer through the 4 CPL BS again? Well, I would do the Exact. Same. Thing. Again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)