Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Medical scribe employment.. (Views: 55)

Is the glass half full or half empty? - SamMe

Posted: Sep 24th, 2023 - 12:46 pm In Reply to: The fact you are missing - Well said

Answer: It's both.

I've been an MT since 12/19/1977, and I've read every "argument" there is on the subject of wages. In the 1980s, I knew MTs who believed getting paid less than $40-50/hour was beneath them. They perceived themselves as individuals who the doctors could not function without. These same MTs also assumed that they knew enough about medicine to diagnose and offer treatment (albeit verbal or written). This was pre-VR/SR. Over time, facilities where medical records were dictated discovered that it was much more cost-effective to jump on the technology bandwagon. The savings could go to patient care. The outcome is what too many MTs are currently experiencing; wages stuck in a time trap.

To anyone who refuses to accept what they perceive as "not worthy of my skills" wages, that's your right and you have the right to stand by that belief. What you DO NOT have the right to do is chastise others who do not share your views, nor do you have the right to cast blame on MTs who have not followed your path. We all have different stories.

Speaking only for myself, I don't care what the rates are for straight typing or editing. What I care about is earning what I need to pay my living expenses, and maybe a little extra for entertainment and savings. I know my worth. A lesson that has taken nearly 70 years to learn. Yep, I'm an oldie but goodie.

Now, can y'all just get along?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)