Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Nice - cmm

Posted: Mar 2nd, 2023 - 9:38 am In Reply to: I am not her backup, lol. - Peggy

It’s just coincidence that you and Linda both showed up at the same time. Shaming people because they see through this (others were more “venomous” than I) is not going to score any points and it makes Linda look bad. If you must know, I pursued coding late in life because of a transcription layoff (18 years in the same department) and enrolled in Career Step. I was sidetracked due to health issues and worked until I retired as an HIM tech. The more I learned, I didn’t know if coding would not have been a good fit for me, and I did what I had to do at the time. If I’d been younger, things might have been different, but it’s difficult starting over at age 60. People who don’t attend Andrews and go through AAPC or AHIMA programs or attend brick and mortar accredited college programs who do equally well, and I think it is misleading to make people think that Andrews is the only path to success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)