Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Why I didn't pick Andrews - SM

Posted: Feb 28th, 2023 - 8:32 pm In Reply to: Why MTs are leaving Medical Transcription in Droves - Linda Andrews, Director Andrews School of Medical

This was about 6 years ago. I wanted to move quickly from MT editing to coding, but Andrews wouldn't let me go at my own pace (would take at least a year), so I chose Career Step (which I had gone through for MT about 5 years earlier). I finished CS in 4 months, took the CPC 2 weeks later (had to drive 200 miles one way for that) and passed. Got hired by a large company to do HCC coding. Didn't really like it. Got into a preceptorship program with another large company for ProFee coding. Didn't really like that, either. Both of these jobs paid extremely well but, for me, they were BORING as heck! Plus, the metrics were worse than being a Nuance MT! I went back to MT editing and am MUCH happier now. Sometimes, it's not totally about the money (but it sure helps).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)