Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 30)

That's a very good question - Linda Andrews, Director, Andrews Medical Coding Sc

Posted: Feb 28th, 2023 - 11:43 am In Reply to: Test Preparation and Scores - Questions

That's a very good question, and it's a question everyone should ask when considering a medical coding course. Our graduates usually let us know when they get a job, and they almost always let us know when it's taking longer than they want it to, so based on what they tell us, placement is at 96-98%. Occasionally we have someone who doesn't get a job and we don't know why. Other times they decide they don't want to work because their situation has changed or they stay in their current job because they get a promotion or they have serious health issues. You are right that after passing the CPC, they have the 'A' for apprentice for 2 years. Our course removes one of those years. Our graduates usually also have AHIMA's CCS credential, so that helps. The reason they get jobs when they are fresh out of school is because they tend to test well on pre-employment coding exams - not 100% of the time, but most of the time. There are schools that teach to the certification test, and as one person told me, she had taken a course that taught how to take multiple coding exams. She said "If you give me 3 choices, I can usually give you the right answer, but I can't pass pre-employment coding tests because I can't code from scratch." Then she enrolled with us and got a really nice job. I know because her employer called mel to talk about it. So we don't teach to the test. We teach people to code.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)