Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Andrews School - Karla Morrill

Posted: Feb 27th, 2023 - 10:27 am In Reply to: I love how, when coding comes up on the MT sites, - sm

I am stunned at this kind of remark about Linda Andrews. You folks clearly are way out of the loop. I'm a long retired MT. I used to moderate the AOL MT forums back in the 90s, as well as swim with the sharks on the sci.med.transcription usenet group. Everyone knew everyone back then. There were a lot of heated discussions, both profesionally topics and personal, but everyone knew we all cared deeply about our beloved MT. I've never taken a coding class, but I do know Linda Andrews. She has extremely high standards and her MT school turned out fine MTs. This was common knowledge. I don't have to be a coder to know if her school is teaching a course, it is being done right. Back then we saw a lot of newbies who had either gone through a cut-rate school or wanted to in order to save money. They did not get the knowledge they needed to perform the job. Those who graduated from Andrews got jobs and had what they needed from their training. Linda always stayed above the fray and infighting in other groups and ALWAYS comported herself as a professional. Any seasoned MT from those days would agree with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)