Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Cancer registry vs medical coder vs HIM etc - Kaseyrenae

Posted: Dec 31st, 2022 - 3:20 am

Hello! I've been overwhelmed researching these types of jobs. I want to see anyone who has medical coding experience and maybe registry too? I have an AS in health science currently. I would just need 2 prereqs and then could take a CTR certification 1ish years.

I see you can also do AAPC exam for medical coding, either their program or a short college program...I noticed AAPC you can't do fasfa though and pay out of pocket? I had some 529 college fund but my mom would want to send directly - not sure I can do that on there

and also I could jump right to a bachelors, like HIM, or any other bachelors. Maybe in business or even finance but I haven't thought into that tbh, and feel focused on these two other options. Data analysis seemed interesting too, and I don't know what I'd like most out of these options. 

I talked to someone who did CTR and she got a job offer in the 30's remote after 2 years experience. Also loves it, and it seems fulfilling compared to just making sure doctors get paid right (well patients spending right amount too). Help????

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)