Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If I were in your place I believe I would - shelby

Posted: Jan 2nd, 2023 - 7:25 pm In Reply to: Cancer registry vs medical coder vs HIM etc - Kaseyrenae

go for the HIM. Seems to be more options there JMO.
I would not recommend medical coding. I am very happy for jackofalltrades that it worked out well for them. I also went to Andrews for the medical coding course, did very well, passed my CPC exam with 91% and I've tried for three years and cannot get a job coding. Every company wants 3-5 years of experience. Otherwise, they don't talk to you.
I don't know much about tumor registry jobs.
You sound like you're young, so the world is your oyster. You could do the coding and get other credentials along with the CPC, which would make you a more desirable candidate. I see lots of jobs in Risk Adjustment/Management and AAPC offers training and certification for various specialties and with you being so young, in 10 years or so you could have a really great job.
I'm 62 and I know my age is a factor in my not being able to find a job in coding.
Andrews School is not certified so you will have to pay out of pocket. FASFA won't pay for that school because they are not certified.
I wish you the very best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)