Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Sorry - See mesage

Posted: Jan 1st, 2023 - 5:46 am In Reply to: Cancer registry vs medical coder vs HIM etc - Kaseyrenae

I don't hate coders but after completing a coding course my experience finding employment without experience was not successful. I ended up following a different path in HIM. I was just a few years from retirement when MT ended for me, so it was different than if I had pursued coding when I was younger. My opinion now is that I don't think there's much future in either coding, cancer registry or HIM, unless someone can use their skills in auditing or compliance. I thought it was strange that out of the blue you started advising the Andrews School instead of a college program, and that did sound like "shilling" or soliciting. OP, those dollars made from coding don't just put money in doctors' pockets. They also would be paying your salary and helping your employer keep the doors open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)