Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It's like beating a dead horse - Reply

Posted: Jan 2nd, 2023 - 11:38 am In Reply to: Wait list for another dying career - sign me up lol - n/m

I remember the identical discussions regarding how transcription would never go away, how we'd always be in demand, blah, blah, blah and we all know how that ended. There were many reasons for the demise of transcription. I worked on site for one employer, and even before the changes in technology, recruiting and training new hires was a problem because of the skill set that it required and other factors. I benefited from the salary and benefits, but I felt that we priced ourselves out of those jobs. Anyway, I'm now hearing the same discussion with coding. The requirements to even get a job are quite high, and I wish someone would explain to get 2 years of experience when no one will give you the opportunity or invest in any on the job mentoring. Those are also expensive salaries. It is taking longer because it's revenue driven, but those jobs are being automated and sent offshore. It's gradual, but it is happening, and as someone said, there will be people to work the difficult cases, but jobs will decrease. The health care industry was hit hard by all the problems related to COVID, and many hospitals are struggling to stay in business. It only stands to reason that they will be looking at ways to cut costs and coding jobs will be no exception.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)