Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Shurcan and others - Never saw such a decline in a job

Posted: Dec 24th, 2022 - 11:28 am In Reply to: Shurcan - Betty

I know jobs have been lost to technology, but to keep going and just keep chipping away at money, benefits, etc., and like the previous post, treat us like garbage with such high demands that no one can attain at 99% all the time.

I got out, work with seniors and it is the most rewarding work I have ever done. I am retired and when you reach that age and beyond, no one wants you, but the senior facilities and Care Agencies do.

I make good money, get taxes taken out, no more of that IC crap for me, get raises, PTO and a Christmas bonus and time and a half for working holidays.

I have flexible hours and will never go back to MT work again. I tried doing it to supplement my PT job, but even that was more than I could handle. I can breeze through an 8 hour shift, but when I was working as an MT/editor, after two hours, I was falling asleep at my keyboard.

For anyone that feels stuck, branch out and see what's out there. Even if you feel you absolutely have to work at home, there are other jobs now, much more than before and anything is better than this, and I used to love it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)