Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript just let go lots of top paid people.. (Views: 56)

Depressed and Numb from low pay - Unhappy

Posted: Apr 23rd, 2022 - 1:24 pm

Hi: I don't usually post here but I guess I feel so awful right now I decided to write and ask:

As an MT have you ever hit a bad wave of depression because of the low pay and OOW situation?

I work part time and live with family after going broke (when MModal bought my company and laid me off) before the pandemic. I wake up yesterday to a cold e mail that my contract had been withdrawn from a place I worked 3 years. Then I get paid from my other job and it barely covers my car insurance and room where I live .. I will have to go into overdraft for anything else.

I am in this career since early 1980s and I am only 15 months from social security which is a welcome event. But to be honest right now I am numb bc of being treated as a nonhuman from the form letter saying I could not contract anymore at my IC job and the constant out of work low earnings at my day job.

I just want to never log in ever again and be poor until next year when I retire. My family makes fun of the amount I give toward the mortgage and has lost any respect they used to have in me with this job.

Thanks for listening. I guess I just wanted to ask if anyone feels the same and maybe get advice on getting past this numb slump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)