Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Andrews crew.. (Views: 50)

And you know what? - Wiser than I used to be

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2021 - 7:20 pm In Reply to: No, their line rate is not higher than others - The pay is lousy

My girlfriend retired in 1995 and then worked at some service paying 8 cents a line. This was what, 26 years ago. And MT's were employees then. These services hadn't gotten the idea yet that they could cheat and get away with it by sending a 1099 in order to make the MT pay the other half of social security tax that they should have been paying. That job, however, didn't last long. They started to consistently run out of work. She quit and never worked again. It's stuff like this that makes me happy that workers now have the upper hand and are telling employers they want better wages and working conditions. Or THEY can go fly a kite. About time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)