Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

No, their line rate is not higher than others - The pay is lousy

Posted: Jun 26th, 2021 - 12:03 pm In Reply to: I would worry! - MT

I took a job working at Saince doing psych just a couple of months ago, so this is very recent information. I honestly wasn't even going to take the job once I found out how lousy the pay was (6 cpl for ST), but the recruiter did a really hard sell and told me that there are "tons of normals" and that I'd be able to get "tons of lines" and "make great money." She also tried to sell me by saying that they have many MTs who have been with them for 10-15 years because they are such a great company with very low turnover. I do love psych work, so I caved and decided to at least give it a fair shot. I worked there for exactly 2 weeks, which was an entire pay period, and I just barely made over $400 in those 2 weeks, and this was even with a fair amount of normals. Come to find out, it was only 6 cpl VBC and they don't pay for spaces, something the recruiter so conveniently "forgot" to tell me when I was hired, so it really works out to be more like 4.5 to 5 cpl for straight typing. NO THANK YOU!!!! I immediately quit as soon as I realized this. I was willing to give it a shot at 6 cpl, but NOT 6 cpl VBC. I would not have even wasted my time had I know this from the beginning.

I will say that the people at Saince are very nice and easy to work with, but that really doesn't matter if the pay is downright terrible. It was an employee position, so I would have needed to be making AT LEAST the minimum wage in my state, which is currently just under $13/hour, but that clearly wasn't going to happen at 6 cpl VBC, so I legally wouldn't have been able to continue working for them at that pay rate even if I wanted to. Also, I later found out that they are an offshore company and have MTs in India, which is a big turnoff. They actually really wanted me to take a QA position proofing and editing reports done by their Indian MTs, but they only would have paid me 4 cpl for that, so I turned that down as well. QA really needs to be a set hourly rate. It's too bad. If only they had paid a more reasonable rate (at least 8 cpl including spaces), I would have probably been very happy there and would have stayed, but I just can't work for those slave wages. I was very sad to have to leave because I loved the work and, like I said, the people there were very nice and respectful towards me, but I sure as heck didn't love it enough for 6 cpl VBC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)