Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 40)

How I see it - is that new MTs - sm-

Posted: Oct 20th, 2019 - 8:29 am In Reply to: If people wouldn't accept these low wages...sm - Just me

do not realize how much we used to make in this profession. The new ones are looking at it like it's great to work from home and happy for the fact that they spent money on a course and now have a job and can be their own boss, etc., etc.

MT is now similar to selling Tupperware. You only make what you produce and you have to work as an IC and pay all your own taxes and overhead. My salary has just kept declining.

I'm not a few years from retirement, but I do understand where you're coming from.

I have received a ton of rejections. I just keep at it. I re-worked my resume to just have it look as if I owned my own business but since business is no no longer booming, I am looking for a steady income.

Let's face it. If you can learn a ton of these transcription platforms, you can definitely learn EMR and other programs used for scheduling in doctors' offices. Just keep applying to as many as possible. Also, apply for call centers and unit clerk positions. Many offices use call centers for their scheduling needs. Nursing homes, rehabs, hospitals all need unit clerks. You're marketable. Market that medical terminology. Put your strong points at the top of your resume. You are more than just a transcriptionist! You are marketable and make sure your resume looks that way... Good luck! Hoping the best for your search outside of MT.

One more I forgot about, is check your local senior centers for positions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)