Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Disgusted as well - I had to quit, but

Posted: Oct 18th, 2019 - 11:52 am In Reply to: Adding insult to injury is the - rampant misclassification of

I quit MT last year, saying never, ever again and got a PT job that I really like. Took me two years by the way to finally get there, with 3 jobs left behind, so it wasn't easy.

I didn't miss it a bit, (here comes the but),I would be at home, not working, cold day, long nights, etc., and decided I could be at least making a few extra bucks, so I went back. I do it when I want to work, no more, no less. I totally ignore the QA reports that are returned, because even if I get a 100% score, they are still all marked up. If it falls below 98% though, I do check them, just to see what I did miss and again, it is usually more punctuation than anything or a medication not capitalized or capitalized.

It is hard to find a balance with working anymore and when this job started going down the drain, I stuck around, way too long and why I didn't get out 10 or more years ago is beyond me. I blame myself for that. I guess I was caught up in that WAH mentality.

So I do what I want now and as long as it works, I'll hang around, otherwise whether let go or quit, I have a back up job and that helps me tremendously knowing I don't have to depend on MT work any longer. No more working for 3 companies and juggling and working all the time for what I am now making part time.

Good luck to us all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)