Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Low pay. (boycott them all) - sm

Posted: Oct 18th, 2019 - 7:45 am In Reply to: IC rates going down to poverty levels - What do you think?

I think the decline started when the outsourcing started. I would still be in a hospital working like it is a regular day if not for the internet coming about and companies offering the hospital an easy way for them to get rid of me. The hospital basically said I could go home to work for the company they chose or start looking elsewhere.

All private accounts I had went to EMR; I had 4 clinics that I was transcribing cassette tapes and providing drop off and pick up of printed reports so I decided to come home and raise my kids.

Now, the Nuance clones are requiring the purchase of an expensive computer of which I cannot afford to make very little money unless I want to work a bunch of hours and flex and whatever else they want that particular day.

Now, let's talk poverty level pay. Yes, I am only paid production and I have to pay all my own taxes and I also have to buy all my own equipment. There will be no raise in my future other than if I work longer harder hours. I am also tired of being classified as an IC when I should really be an employee since I have to use their platform, conform to their rules and I cannot negotiate a line rate commensurate to my experience. Everyone gets the same rate and it is not fair.

I refuse and I absolutely will not purchase a computer for a Nuance clone. I told them I will be done by next month. I will work at a fast food joint if I have to as there are plenty around my town. I'm not below it.

Ideas: I go on Indeed and apply for anything that looks medical as far as front desk, unit clerk, receptionist, optician (most will train you), medical records (anything). I also am registered with 2 staffing agencies; I have had 1 job and it was part-time and had an awful experience there, so no wonder they chose me. No one else would stay.

I will no longer be supporting business owners in this industry who feel the need to pay me less so they can have expensive lifestyles. If I have to work, so should the owner. Further, why do you think there are so many Nuance clones? It is because they took control long ago by buying up small MT companies and now they do not want to pay employees so they are baby-feeding it to the small MTSOs because they can no longer compete on their own and get their own accounts.

It is really sad to see MTs having to work 3 jobs to make a living, just in case one runs out of work. Really? We are constantly bending and flexing for this profession without pay.

I had resorted to an employee position online and my very first day, an e-mail was sent out. No work, please check back. You know what? That was the final straw. I am not being paid to flex and check back. I would not walk into an office and them tell me to go home for another hour and keep checking so why should I tolerate it for this industry?

If I see one more plea for someone to type a STAT from one more wanna be boss who probably could transcribe it faster themselves rather than send out endless pleas, I think I will scream so loud everyone on this board will hear me!

Just as a final note. Have you ever realized that hashtags on the internet have no spaces between the words? Think about it..... Let that sink in.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)