Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

IC rates - anon

Posted: Oct 18th, 2019 - 8:29 pm In Reply to: IC rates going down to poverty levels - What do you think?

I could not agree more. I too have been in the business for 20+ years and haven't gotten a pay increase in more than 10 years which is a bunch of BS. I drive a 10 year old car because the thought of a car payment scares me to death not to mention I cannot afford it anyway.

I too think boycotting the transcription companies would be good but I also think we have to be realists and think that they would simply use the excuse to put our work overseas. I am at the end of my rope and if my current company does not work out, there is no way that I am continuing in a profession that I love and am good at (no matter what QA says).

When we got into this career, 20 years ago, it was really a good job and let us work from home (yes, with cassettes and a tape player) for multiple doctors. Oh well, I really don't know what I am going to do except leave the MT industry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)