Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Captain Obvious weighs in... - SM

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2019 - 6:30 am In Reply to: You are lucky - Working fast food

Of course, I'm over qualified. Who wants to hire a 70-year-old retiree to work at a job for 15 or 16 hours a week that requires my degree and qualifications. Not one employer, I've run across. Just because you've never heard of table service at McD doesn't mean they are not doing it. It's been here in New England for about a year now. I did my due diligence and observed the workers and goings on at my local restaurant for quite some time before I applied. I asked them how they liked their job and what sorts of things they had to do. Since I was a regular customer, they were willing to talk to me. All were sincerely very happy, even ladies of a certain age (the 55+ group). I also observed the hiring manager and how he interacted with the crew and got a positive impression. He was right there pitching in when it was busy, and he's a handicapped person (MD) who is handi-capable. I went on-line and did some research about McD and read employee reviews which were mostly all positive. They have a reputation for keeping your job duties doable for your capabilities, and the fact that the minimum wage in this state will be going up to $15/hour by 2022 kind of clinched it for me. I challenge you to visit one of the 2 stores in your area yourself, even if only for a muffin and a coffee some morning. Their coffee is very good, and the senior coffee is under $1 and is refillable. Order, pay, and sit down at a sunny table with your book or newspaper, and you will be served.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)