Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

There are plenty of jobs that aren't McDonalds - also

Posted: Sep 2nd, 2019 - 11:08 am In Reply to: The remaining few MTSO who hire - employees, sorry to

There are a lot of jobs out there that will make use of your medical terminology knowledge that pay better than McDonald's. Of course, if McDonald's makes you happy, that's okay too. I'm sure it depends on the state you live in, but in my area there are lots of jobs between $14 to $18 an hour where you can use the knowledge you gained as an MT and make better money than being an MT pays these days without all the stress. Look for anything in healthcare such as admininstrative assistants, patient intake, data entry, medical secretary, insurance reviewer, and the list goes on and on. I have been astounded at the many jobs that are out there that actually have great benefits and paid holidays and a life that is so much better than the sweatshop atmosphere that has become the life of an MT. If every MT who values themselves would get out of MT and go to jobs where they are treated with respect and dignity and rewarded for their contributions, the MTSOs would find themselves with only the bottom of the barrel employees and be forced to step it up if they want to stay in business. I will never be an MT again as long as it continues to be what it is right now because I deserve better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)