Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

The reason I went the McD route is... - SM

Posted: Sep 2nd, 2019 - 4:13 pm In Reply to: There are plenty of jobs that aren't McDonalds - also

I only want a few hours a week (15-16), I'm 70 years old (but fit), and I do not want an admin. assistant, patient intake, receptionist, data entry, medical secretary, and etc. type job. I have an Associates in Medical Office Administration, but believe me, the age thing seems to be off putting for most employers and the fact that I only want part time is also a detriment. I didn't find many jobs in that category that fit the bill during my job search anyway, and most of the jobs I applied for didn't respond back, I'm guessing was they probably gauged my age as 55+. I'm not saying everyone should go the fast food route, but it works for me especially since my hourly wage will be $13/hour come January. I wasn't making that anymore working at home as an employee for a MTSO, and yes, it was a stressful, sweatshop atmosphere. Yes, I'd encourage the younger people to try to translate their knowledge and talent to these other job categories, but for me this type of little part-time job works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)