Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This is a new world and transcriptionists aren't needed anymore. - OhioGal

Posted: Jan 6th, 2019 - 10:51 am

I had been a transcriptionist for 36 years and left a couple years ago when the job became like a prison sentence.  My daughter and I were talking the other day.  She the manager of investational studies at a very large university hospital, and she told me something I didn't realize and I bet no other transcriptionists realize.  She said when doctors, nurses, insurance companies, coders, etc. are reading down through a chart and looking at an H&P, Op note, DS summary, all they are looking for is key words.  No one cares anymore about sentence structure, if there are semicolons, commas in the right place, or even if the note makes sense, because they're not reading the report.  All they look for are key words - DVT, PE, you know the drill.  That blew my mind.  So all this nit-picking, having to have 99% quality rates or they will put you on 100% QA is crap.  The transcription companies want to have a reason to fire you.  To anyone who thinks transcription is coming back, you're a fool.  Hospitals and transcription companies have realized they don't need us anymore, and every single transcription company is working towards eliminating transcriptionists altogether, ALL transcriptionists.  Get out before you get your pink slip.  AI is only going to improve.    

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)