Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Think post was misunderstood - Alicia

Posted: Jan 8th, 2019 - 12:44 pm In Reply to: More power to you for sticking to your choices, - SM

I believe this post really meant that this MT is happy with where she is right now and that trying to change occupations at this point in time, after working for years as an MT and probably a lot of them at home, would be something she is not happy with trying to do. I also am in the same mind set as she, as I am close to 60 and would not be happy working in a totally different capacity such as store clerk, cashier or waitress, but realize (as I am sure she does) that the folks who have these occupations are happy with them, too. It is really a blessing to be content with where you are in life and I feel as she does, that even though the MT profession has changed and may be not as it was years ago, it is still a profession that we are dedicated to and happy with, by adjusting or modifying our attitude about it. For those who do not feel this way, then it is best for them to move on and find another occupation, but we are not "accepting what comes" just because we are truly okay with working each day as MTs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)