Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Partially true - My opinion

Posted: Jan 6th, 2019 - 7:10 pm In Reply to: This is a new world and transcriptionists aren't needed anymore. - OhioGal

I have been an MT since the 70s. My onsite job was outsourced a few years back but we still have a QA staff and keep a small percentage of the dictation on site. I have a HIM job but I'm also back up support staff for transcription. We hold our outsource company to certain standards and run internal audits. We don't pay for reports containing critical errors, 99% quality is not crap. Coders still read documents and insurance companies can't be billed if an operative report is missing or incomplete, or certain documents are missing from the patient record. They probably do a good deal of scanning for keywords but records still get read, no one wants to get fined in a compliance audit, documentation is still important, for billing as well as meaningful use. As far as your employer wanting to get rid of you, that's subjective. I don't think anyone is saying that transcription is coming back, the job outlook is not good, but there are many ways those of use with the skill set and experience can use our expertise. I don't know what investational studies are, but I'm in the trenches working with coders and see the process, you are simplifying what actually happens to a certain degree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)