Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No problem sharing if it helps someone else. - And yes, I will stick with them, love these docs!

Posted: Jan 8th, 2019 - 8:42 am In Reply to: Thanks--Good to hear! Stick with them! - W/C Reviewer

When I started in MT a long time ago, I made a master file of all the places I applied to regarding pay scale, type of work, owner's names, locations, etc.- sort of like a index hot file. If I had a phone interview or began the process, kept notes about that, too. As things changed such as buy-outs, sell- outs, pay cuts, information from other MTs etc., very easy to update my "card profile". Very, very easy process to maintain.

As I came across other information with other companies, even if not MT, I did the same. After a short time, I had an extensive library of information and company information.

For companies that sounded particularly good to me, if they had no work on my first contact, I would check in with them at intervals.

This system has worked very, very well for me. I have NEVER been without work since I started this. Obviously, some pay better than others, but I weighed the entire situation of the company and my needs, not just the pay.

I also do not put all my eggs and one basket. I have juggled as many as 3 companies besides my steady 4 docs. That way, if one slows down, docs on vacation, office closed, etc., I am never without a pay check.

I also started looking at smaller transcription services in my area and then ever widening the area.

**I WOULD LIKE TO ADD, NONE OF THE COMPANIES I WORK FOR REGULARLY OR DO PRN WORK FOR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH NUANCE, AND NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF THEM REQUIRED VDI INSTALL. They all have excellent security in place. I would never assume this process is for everyone or fits everybody's needs, but it sure has worked for me. Within months, I was able to double my income.**

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)