Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Very sad - Old MT

Posted: Aug 3rd, 2017 - 10:26 pm

We are all hard workers.  We are all very well educated, and proficient in medical language.  Often moreso than the doctors dictating to us, which is why we end up leaving blanks.  Yet our pay has been cut, cut again, cut yet again, until we cannot earn a living doing this job that IS needed, IS important, and DOES require a high level of skill.  It's heartbreaking.

I was irritated that the $1000 bonus was simply a carrot, but I suspected that at the outset.  However, I, and many of you, busted butt to get the backlog caught up, under terrible conditions (no VR, no account specs, typing "blind.").  We were promised 1.5x our base hourly pay for this extra effort.  Now, it's been taken away, and we have nothing but radio silence on the matter.  Emails are ignored, managers are silent. 

Nuance, if you are reading this, please recognize the fact that without these ladies and gentlemen who sit here deciphering mumbled words, research uncertain terms, flag incorrect dosages and lab values you will be out of business!  Sure, you still have speech recognition software, but it is less than effective, and leaves everyone involved wide open to a lawsuit when it mis-hears something and puts it in a medical record.  Not to mention the serious harm that could come to a patient as a result of this. 

We are valuable.  We are professional.  We are necessary.  And we are angry.  Pay us the promised recovery period pay, stop deducting minor errors and blanks from our pay, and treat us with the respect we have earned. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)