Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Andrews crew.. (Views: 31)

I agree with everything you say about the actual importance of this profession, but... - ex-Nuance

Posted: Aug 4th, 2017 - 12:11 am In Reply to: Very sad - Old MT

one thing it appears a lot of people aren't aware of is that medical transcription is just a fraction of Nuance's business, probably less than half at this point (I've read as low as 1/3). I've suspected for a while that they would rather just be done with this side of it totally and simply focus on Dragon and Siri and other VR applications.

Nuance's business not being mainly/only medical transcription I believe is the main reason why the MTs are devalued here more than at any MTSO. And also apparently the no-doubt inbred group of MBA sharks at the top (who've probably never done a lick of MT in their lives) who come up with ideas like Fiasco and the pay grid, etc.

"Last quarter, about 51% of Nuance's total revenue came from its healthcare operation. Healthcare revenues were essentially flat last quarter and that is a combination of two significant factors. For many years, Nuance was essentially running a very large healthcare transcription service that utilized offshore labor to literally write up case notes that doctors dictated. That business, not too surprisingly, is in long-term secular decline. Management said that it is falling 5% year on year. ... In the meantime, most of the transcription customers are migrating to Dragon Medical and these days cloud-based Dragon Medical One.

.... In particular, revenues of the company's older mobile handset apps are declining and the company's healthcare transcription business is in long-term secular decline being replaced by far more automated solutions that are sold by Nuance." (May 2016)

LINK/URL: https://seekingalpha.com/article/3974564-nuance-trying-measure-progress-multiple-transitions

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)