Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

health insurance premium costs - BeenThereMT

Posted: Feb 11th, 2017 - 12:31 pm In Reply to: You must live in the wrong state--I ran the numbers - happy with ACA

I think a lot of the plan costs are dependent on your location. I happen to live in an area where we have 2 insurance companies available, one linked to a local hospital system. The premium prices are steep and the deductibles are huge. For example, most bronze plans had a deductible of $6800, plus 30% coinsurance, basically no RX coverage, and depending on your age the price ranged from (age 43 = $265; age 50 = 365; age 60 = $539 per person in 2016). The one company did not offer a bronze plan through the ACA, lowest plan was the silver, so the cost was higher. In 2017, these rates increased by 24%!!

Keep in mind, there is a maximum gross income to qualify for the ACA subsidy. So, if you have been diligent and have any sort of fund that brings in interest, you can go over that magic number quickly.

I have found that some people were thrilled to qualify for coverage through the ACA, while for others their insurance plans became unreasonably costly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)