Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 45)

Its so frustrating - SM

Posted: Jan 25th, 2017 - 2:22 pm In Reply to: Some of us waste our time testing only to hear.... - NightOwl

I recently tested for a company. I had originally emailed them my resume in response to an ad they had posted on one of the job boards and I received a response from them inviting me to take their test. They sent me 3 test dictations to transcribe, one of which was a very heavy ESL and one with very poor sound quality. I spent a good 2 hours on these doing the very best that I could, re-listening to them several times to make sure I didn't miss anything or make any mistakes and, in the end, I felt that I did a good job. I promptly sent them my test that very same day and never heard another word. I even sent a followup email a couple of days later to make sure that they had received my test that I sent them and still no response, not even an email to tell me they were going with another candidate. Total silence on their part and I never heard from them ever again. I find that to be totally unprofessional and just downright rude. The least they could have done was have enough common courtesy to acknowledge that they received my test and let me know whether I passed or not. To completely ignore someone like that after they took time of of their day to take a test is completely inexcusable. I took 2 hours out of my evening to take their test, which ended up being a total waste of my time. So many of these companies have absolutely no respect for our time, our skills, or our many years of experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)