Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 37)

It is for the MTSO's, too. I am a recruiter for 2 different MTSO's. - Different World

Posted: Jan 25th, 2017 - 9:06 am In Reply to: yes, it is a whole different environment now - sm

The resumes and responses we get are not like even a few years ago. They are full of typos or the person applying doesn't follow the directions. We used to get 100 resumes from people applying every week, and most would be good candidates. Now we're lucky if 1 or 2 make it to the interview stage. Neither company is very big with less than 100 MT's each, but when we need to hire, it takes forever because even with 30 years of experience, I see typos in resumes and cover notes or they don't follow the directions we give, which are very clear and easy to follow. Both are an automatic garbage can filing. Then when someone does get through the interview stage, either their computer is too old or internet is too slow or they can't or won't work the days and hours we had posted in our ads or something that always shocks me, they have a bad attitude during the interview, basically threatening me with every injustice they think they've had somewhere else and "warning" me that it better not happen again or they will not hesitate to turn us in. That's crazy as both companies are good companies. I won't hire someone like that or someone who immediately gives me a bunch of information about how they have this ailment or that ailment or they have elderly pets that go to the vet often or have children who are home schooled. Or they have barking dogs or screaming kids in the background during the interview. It's hard for hiring, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)