Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 49)

Work for no pay - Been there

Posted: Jan 10th, 2017 - 1:09 pm In Reply to: then you will be a door mat. - sm

I had that happen to me with another company a few years ago. Ended up working for almost 2 months and never was paid. Go file for UE if you are an employee. Turn them over to the labor board, do take some action, because once this type of behavior starts, it only gets worse.

I was an IC and had no recourse, other than taking the owner to small claims court. I knew it wouldn't be worth my time and I did have another MT job in the wings. All I could do was write letters to the accounts (which were offices) I had and alert them of her poor business ethics.

Like the post says, you are afraid to quit a job that doesn't pay you? I feel for your plight, but having gone through this, it is totally a waste of your time. You would be better off sign holding somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)