Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

firings and layoffs at Nuance - crappedon

Posted: Sep 6th, 2016 - 6:02 pm

I too worked for Nuance for a very long time. First they gave us hourly wages as QC editors, then they took that away in 2014 and put in the new "comp" plan. They told us it was to help us make more money. It was actually designed to help you out the door. They demanded 99.3% quality and 180 lines an hour at all times (the 90 lph was misleading because they cut your lines in half). If you dropped below those standards, you got put on probation. Some people didn't even get a full probationary period. QA audits as they see fit, sometimes unfairly, by auditing you a few days after the week's cutoff and then posting the score to the previous week and not doing very many reports. You go from platform to platform searching for work. The fact they offshore is a huge deal because it takes work away from the MT and QC people. And an article I read a while back said they wanted to increase their offshore employees by 3000. Well, it just stands to reason that they would start paring down their US employees! They just recently fired a whole bunch of TSMs and upper management, a WHOLE bunch and I also heard a rumor (confirmed) that they are laying off all their California employees because of the minimum wage hike coming up the beginning of 2017. Before the "comp" plan, I had no trouble making the required line counts and my quality was always good. But between no work and logging in and out of platforms, everything went south and I got fired. I am now with a really excellent company and I am so happy Nuance fired me! Should have done it many years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)