Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I'm in Washington, where in November we are - voting on a $13.50 min. wage

Posted: Sep 6th, 2016 - 6:38 pm In Reply to: firings and layoffs at Nuance - crappedon

I just received an audit where I made one mistake and had 2 blanks. This woman "got the blanks" and marked of 1-1/2. That's 98.5. How much you bet they won't audit another report which means that all this week I am working for minimum wage.

I'd quit over this -- blanks should never be marked off to lower pay in my opinion -- unless maybe if they are ridiculous, but this guy was an ESL. The mistake was also a word that could have easily been misunderstood from an ESL and I'd share it here but I don't want my identity known to them, and we know they troll this board too.

Now, as far as the minimum wage, I figure that if our wage goes up to $13.50, they'll fire anyone from Washington (State), too, in January, when is when this will probably go into effect. So I shall just sit back and not quit (and get no unemployment) and wait to see what they do in January. I am sick of being cut no slack and busted down to minimum wage for the whole week for the same mistake this auditor could possibly have made if she was an MT. My pay is so low even when I do get 100% for the week that it barely pays my mortgage, let alone any other basic needs such as food or utilities. This $13.50 wage is to be graduated in, like starting at $12.00 for a year, then $12.50, etc. but that didn't stop Nuance from getting rid of the California people.

Oh, and there is also supposed to be a few days of sick leave included in this vote on the minimum wage, I don't know how much, but there go the days sliced off of the puny two weeks they give you (while any other employees of Nuance, including TSMs, get 4 weeks of PTO and an additional 2 weeks of sick leave). You bet I am po'd right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)