Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Minimum wage - Another WA resident

Posted: Sep 9th, 2016 - 8:43 pm In Reply to: I'm in Washington, where in November we are - voting on a $13.50 min. wage

I also live in Washington. People will not see 13.50 an hour if this passes until 2020 and adjusted for inflation will still be in the hole. I will vote against it because I have issues with burger flippers, CNAs and even MTs all making the same wage when those jobs require education and specific skill sets. I work in medical records on site and am paid well now but I can tell you that my eagles are stagnant with the exception of maybe a cost of living wage if my employer chooses to give one or a very small annual increase. Don't me and my coworkers deserve to get a $4.00 an hour pay increase over the next 4 years just for showing up at work? I know there are arguments for and against, but these costs have to be passed on in terms of increased prices for goods and services. As far as PTO where you work, that does not seem fair, but maybe the people getting 4 weeks have been there forever. Where I work, everyone starts out with 2 weeks and it increases with seniority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)