Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 77)

Worked at Amphion - older CMT

Posted: May 5th, 2016 - 7:39 pm In Reply to: Amphion - Cind

I worked there a few years ago in attempting to learn voice recognition. They paid me by the hour to train for over a month, which was great. I was doing well on their own platform (they also had EditScript at the time), but I didn't work on that. I did very well through training and thought it was going to be a great job. The company is big with lots of people who you might need to contact above or beside your supervisor. However, about 3 weeks after training a weekend person insisted I do 10 jobs Stat for her, even though I did not know her or if she had authority over me. I told her I knew nothing about this account and she insisted I do the work and sent me the info with some notes. I did it exactly as her notes. The next day she blasted me with a note to EVERYONE, MTs, QA, and administration people. She said I did them all wrong and she had to go in and fix them all. I replied TO ALL and said I did EXACTLY what she told me to do. This triggered a QA review (by her I am sure) and because these jobs were deliberately included, I failed it. I had just passed my first QA review with 100% perfection 2 weeks earlier. They had 5 big rules that if you break them 2 or 3 times per each rule that you will be fired within a year. So, this episode caused me to have a black mark for QA review plus some other rule. The work was also slow as it is everywhere during Christmas, which gave me minimum wage. I was reprimanded for that even though the boss noted it was Christmas, but that rule says if you do it twice, you will be fired. Really...so how do you avoid that? So, within these few weeks, I had 3 black marks against me and thought with all my 30+ years of experience, being a CMT, that was going to end up being fired by the end of the year...if I could last that long with these ridiculous rules! None of these 3 black marks should have been held against me. So, I sent them a note TO ALL and said they had broken my rules of how they treat people and that they were FIRED..."You are fired." Yippee! This did not hurt my getting another job. I would recommend giving it a try and seeing for yourself if they still pay for training and get on EditScript to avoid the pitfalls of their platform...you might do very well and best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)