Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 63)

Sometimes moving isn't an option - Jen

Posted: Apr 15th, 2016 - 1:19 pm In Reply to: Hear, hear - xx

When my hospital radiology department got laid off because of EPIC two years ago, I went back to school for what my radiology director said would be very much in demand...ultrasound.

Unfortunately, after the two years it took for me to get through ultrasound school, there are no jobs in our area or within an hour and a half driving distance.

I am the single parent of a special needs child. I require too much help from my family here, so I can't just pick up and move, especially when most ultrasound jobs require taking nighttime call shifts. Getting up at 2 a.m. for a call-out isn't something you can just do when you have a 3 year old and no help.

So my point is that it's not that people are too lazy to find other options for work. Some have busted their rear ends to make another way and it still flopped. Does this mean I will give up and just sit around and complain? No. I will figure something else out. But I can definitely relate to those who are trying and still feel hopeless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)